Raccoon destroying roof

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
In that case a CO2 powered pistol might be a good choice, but again in .22 caliber. I've dispatched tree rats at 50 feet with one.

Reaction score
Wow, I did not know that a pellet gun has a muzzle velocity of 1000fps. I just might have to get me one of those! @bigredfish If you had it to do over, would you get the same one or would you get something different?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Be aware that break barrels, especially spring piston models, have a weird kick that can make a good shot turn out to be a bad shot. The problem is the torque of the spring uncoiling, combined with the forward lurch of the piston all combining with normal recoil. Makes sighting in an interesting game. The gas pistons only have the forward lurch since there's no spring to add a torque action. PCP is the closest to powder fired but also on the pricey side because you need some way to charge the cylinder up to 3000 or 4000 PSI. If I had my druthers I'd get a Benjamin Marauder.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not an air gun expert so hard to say. At $200 its a great value. And realistically with heavier pellets you're looking at more like 800-900fps. The real advanatge is the clip loader. But its enough for critter control and food I suppose in a pinch ;)
Jeebus $200.00 USD that’s like $250.XX in Canadian funny money. Guess I’ll have to stick to using my 1980 slingshot and marbles!

It’s been a while since I saw a cats eye marble break up!