Railcam

Ffmike

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, was just thinking, how do I power the one in the garage? Do I have to order a ac adapter?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ffmike

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't see there was a page 2 lol. Sorry this stuff is beyond me. So do I have to order 2 "injectors"?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't see there was a page 2 lol. Sorry this stuff is beyond me. So do I have to order 2 "injectors"?
On a real computer, read the listing description closely.
I highly suggest you make this a learning opportunity for your son. Instead of you doing all the work, let him do it with supervision.

Ffmike

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm out of town currently so I don't have access to a pc, but I am definitely making my son do most of the work. We mounted the cam up together (which he was terrified going up the 20 ft ladder) and we set up obs and YouTube live together. I just want to make sure I order everything so when I get home I can hook it up "real quick". So do I need to order anything more than the pre configured kits? My biggest question is how I power up the unit in the garage. I see in the schematic injector switches and "switch 1". Since I only have one camera do I need the "switch 1".

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see in the schematic injector switches and "switch 1". Since I only have one camera do I need the "switch 1".
No, that is "Switch" with a NOTE 1 which states in the NOTES toward the bottom at (1): "Eliminate switch if only 1 camera."

More info:

Based on reviews from amazon, some vendors don't tell the end user much about how/where to mount the pre-configured units.
Hopefully they are labelled and if so, please look at my schematic again in post #22 above:
In the home on your LAN install the unit configured as "AP/BRIDGE" (Access Point / Bridge) and at the remote site / garage install the unit configured as "STATION/BRG" (Station / Bridge).