Random Rebuilding of DB multiple times a day.

skiman201

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I seem to be having a problem with Blue Iris rebuilding the DB multiple times a day, and I talking 10 or more.
Has any one experienced this, and how did you fix it?

I have deleted the DB directory no changes (shutdown blue iris and the service, the restarted after the deleting of the DB directory.)
put the E disk in unmanaged, and put in files managed, folder not managed. Still randomly rebuilds.

here is the system setup as not sure what you need to know to help me.

Version: Release 5.8.2.5 x64 (12/20/2023)
Service: Yes [.\Camera]
CPU,GPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz [100%,10%]
RAM: 3.34G/15.6G

Storage:
D drive: 5.45TB : 1.21 TB free (Internal 6TB - 5TB allocated in Blue Iris Video)
E drive: 5.45 TB : 5.44 TB free (Internal 6TB - 5TB allocated in Blue Iris Video)
H drive Ext: 7.27TB : 5.24TB free ( USB drive) (External 8TB - 6TB allocated in Blue Iris video and 1TB allocated to Alerts)
C drive 476GB : 410GB free Windows OS drive and Blu iris DB drive.

Blue Iris keeps telling me there is an over allocation, nothing is over allocated from what i can see.

I really need to get this to stop randomly rebuilding the DB, as it does not record and when playing back video it put one back to live view.

thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your external USB drive is probably the problem depending on how you are using it. They cannot keep up with the constant, non-buffering video of cameras. If the USB is sputtering out, it can cause all sorts of issues.

1TB for alerts? That is ridiculous large. Are you saving all high-res alert images? Even if so, 1TB is crazy and keeping 1TB of images will certainly cause the clips to exceed 200,000 at which point BI can become unstable.

Are you moving files from NEW to STORED?

If so, just keep in all in NEW - moving video from NEW to STORED in the same box is a waste of CPU and kills drives faster. If you have multiple drives, it is better to spread the cameras amongst the drives instead of doing a NEW to STORED.