RCA Hikvision HSDB1 Unique Notifications

redmed

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using my RCA (HSDB1) doorbell camera with the android RCA Security app and the notifications are the same as my other notifications. I get a lot of text messages from family and friends and sometimes ignore the notifications for a hour or longer. I want to respond to the notifications from the RCA Security ASAP. For this reason I wanted the notifications from the RCA Security app to be unique but the app does not have the option to change the notifications. At least not on my LG V20 running Oreo. I finally figured out how to make the notifications unique. I use the MacroDroid app. I use MacroDroid to watch for a notification from the RCA Security app and when one does. I instruct MacroDroid to increase the notification volume to 100% and output a notification that I specify in MacroDroid then return the notification volume back down to 50%. I usually keep my notification volume at 50% because I get so many texts. Otherwise the notifications would drive me crazy, but when the RCA Security app sends a notification I want it at full volume and to be unique. Using the MacroDroid app allows me to do that.