Re-purpose Sercomm OC432

Andy3465

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I am looking for a good and free IP camera viewing app for Windows 7/10. I have reconfigured my Sercomm OC432 camera left over from a cancelled Digital Life security system. I cant seem to get the embedded application to show video w/o complaining about a Quicktime plug-in. I have reset the camera and can access administration settings. I have discovered an Android App (TinyCam) by Tiny Solutions, LLC that works great and streams the color daylight video. I can't seem to find anything worthwhile for Windows. Suggestions and comments are welcome. Also if anyone else has used this camera or similar your feedback would be welcome.

The camera has a power cord, but I haven't used it. Instead it seems to run using POE from a WSP plug.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you considered VLC player for Windows? It's free , very dependable and flexible.

You'll need the URL for the video stream.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT , fellow Alabamian! :)

Andy3465

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I was playing with the set up last night and I was able to generate a feed stream using some wizards on ISPYCONNECT. I then created VLC links that would open the stream right up. I was having an issue with the stream being black and white versus color but that turned out to be the lack of light. The camera does have infrared low light capabilities. So for now it is working as I expected. The next step is to find software that can handle the motion detection to start recording. If anyone knows of a good software that does this, free or not, I would like to know.

P.S. - :) What part of Alabama Tony?