Recommendation for an Outdoor Fish Eye Cam?

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unbenannt.JPG
Here is our Front Yard. Red is the Property Boundary, Fence (Bottom) and High Concrete Wall on the Right.
Blue is the Garage where the Camera (Green) should be position on to overwatch:
a) The Bottom Fence (and upcomming Parking Place)
b) The Door (next to the Cam) to see where is waiting in front.
c) The Garage Entrance (Bottom)
d) The Stairs in the case the Camera miss an Intruder otherwise.
e) Well the Flat Roof on top of the Garage would be nice to who should be no Problem for a Fish Eye.

It must be Water, Snow Proof and the most important Feature must be to Automaticly Pixel everyone who is outside of the Red Area to comply with the European GDPR and other local Law.
There must be also an Option for Virtual Camera Feeds (like Axis Support) to have an dedicated Feed for example for the Door when someone Ring the Bell to open the Webbrowser and see just the Door nothing else (and save Bandwith).

I prefare Axis + Hikvision since I own Camera from both Company and will install both Surveilance Systems on an Local Machine so I dont want install a 3rd one.
Thanks!!!

Reaction score
A majority of folks here in the forums use Blue Iris software, which will work with any ONVIF compliant camera (and nearly all cameras are ONVIF), so a mix of different camera makers doesn't make a differece. Download the free version and play around with it-- you get 15 days to try it out.

A fisheye lens camera is unusual outside, and I am wondering what you are trying to accomplish with that lens? The extreme wide angle of it would give you an overview of things, but you would be very hard-pressed to ever get any identifiable video of a criminal or vandal.

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
but you would be very hard-pressed to ever get any identifiable video of a criminal or vandal.
The Image would be enough to identify the Corpse who is lie face down in the front lawn. ;)
The Door will be ~3m away so there is no problem to see in general if its "our" Delivery Driver or the local version of the Swat. :lmao:

The Blur the Street I think about that: AXIS Live Privacy Shield | Axis Communications It give the necessary Privacy. And for the Window on the other Side of the Street the good old "Black Out" Option will do the trick.

The Camera is primiarly for the Door and secound for Perimeter defence.