Recommendation for new setup

jutos

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am looking for your recommendation for new setup of security cameras for my cottage. I need 4 outdoor cameras with good night view, range from 10 till 30 meters, including IVS functions like tripware to get alarm if anybody cross the bounders. Budget is 1000 EUR (including NVR).

My idea
CAM: or IPC-HDBW3249E-AS-NI
NVR:

Many thanks for your recommendations

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

Welcome tothe land of video surveillance lunatics. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here that share their experience, knowledge and advice freely.

Start out by looking in the Wiki, in the blue bar at the top of the page. Read the material on a computer, not a tablet or phone. There is a wealth of information there covering all aspects of video surveillance.

One of the most important points is not to chase megapixels, resolution. The thing to watch is the size of the sensor. The camera you have selected is a good camera but there are much better that are in the same price range. The current leader is the Dahua 5442 series and the Hikvision Darkfighter series. They both use a larger sensor than the camera you have selected and are 4MP, not 5MP. This will result in much better night vision than the camera you selected. Additionally, it's a good idea to stay away from dome style cameras and use either turret or bullet style. Domes age with exposure to sunlight and degrade the image.

Staying with the same brand NVR as the cameras is an excellent choice. That allows maximum flexibility for the camera features. DIfferent brands do not work as well.

I'd suggest that you contact Andy from Empiretech. He has a thread on this board. He ships anywhere in the world and can save you some money. He is extremely helpful and reliable as well as standing behind his products. The equipment he supplies, primarily Dahua, is the International version and can be safely upgraded when new firmware comes out with new or improved features in it. He usually has that firmware before Dahua publishes it on their own site.

5442 Reviews

Review - Loryata (Dahua OEM) IPC-T5442T-ZE varifocal Turret

Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ Turret

Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Turret, Full Color, Starlight+)

Review: IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI - Dahua Technology Pro AI Bullet Network Camera

2231 Review
Review-OEM IPC-T2231RP-ZS 2mp Varifocal Turret Starlight Camera

3241T-ZAS Review

Less expensive models -

Andy
IPCT Thread

Andy's Store

King Security/EmpireTech Store

Email
Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.