recommendation on an nvr

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi:
I am looking for some advice on the purchase of an nvr.
I have about 12 cameras scattered all over the property. They are all different makes and models that have been purchased over quite a few years. They are all ip cameras but instead of having them all wired to one central location, I have a few cameras connected to a
network switch and a few others to a different switch so that I can access the image via their ip address but I would not be able to plug them in to an NVR.
I know that many NVR's can access the images via RTSP but some of these cameras are not able to RTSP.

My question is , is there a good quality 16 channel NVR that would work by connecting to the cameras via their IP address ( HTTP:)? and if there is , would there be a limit on how many cameras I cn add that way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you entertained the idea of a PC that meets the specs running Blue Iris software instead of a NVR?
Having used BI for over 5 years now it would be MY choice, especially to be able to use the various cameras you have.....AND it would most likely work with ANY future cams as well.

Thanks for your reply

I am considering a PC and Blue Iris , one question I have is that I would like 3 or 4 monitors placed around the house for viewing the cameras. What would be the best way to get the BI images to these monitors?
( typically they are something like this Amazon.com: Haorizi 17" Inch Monitor 1280x1024 HDMI Monitor 4:3 TFT LCD Color Screen with BNC/VGA/AV/HDMI/USB Earphone Outputfor PC Laptop Security Monitoring Built-in Speaker: Computers & Accessories)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply

I am considering a PC and Blue Iris , one question I have is that I would like 3 or 4 monitors placed around the house for viewing the cameras. What would be the best way to get the BI images to these monitors?
( typically they are something like this Amazon.com: Haorizi 17" Inch Monitor 1280x1024 HDMI Monitor 4:3 TFT LCD Color Screen with BNC/VGA/AV/HDMI/USB Earphone Outputfor PC Laptop Security Monitoring Built-in Speaker: Computers & Accessories)
Get a 1 X 4 amplified HDMI splitter, such as this one here.
I cannot attest to that unit's performance, but you can check amazon, newegg, etc. for similar products that provide user reviews and ratings. Insure it's amplified and passes audio.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.