Record any motion, but only trigger push when confirmed it's a person

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a camera at the front door which I'd like to configure in such a way that ...
  • Motion from anywhere the zone (entire image/frame) will trigger a recording
  • Trigger a push notification only when an person (using AI) crosses from zone B>C

Just trying to work out the best way to do it.

In the motion sensor I have the below, and also configured the zones and hot spots
1684120042987.png

AI is configured, and is working

1684120173216.png

1684120129055.png

But stuck on how to only send a push notifcation only when a zone crossing B>C occurs? I presume if I select zone B & C, it will alert on any motion, not the B>C event?
1684120314800.png

1684120281288.png

Appreciate any tips!

Thank you.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Immediate actions are processed before AI analysis is performed.
Instead, create the push action in the Alerts tab > ‘On alerts’ action set.

Actions in the Alerts tab have a ‘Required AI objects’ field that can be used to specify zones for specific objects. It may seem counterintuitive, but you need to use this method instead of using the Motion zones panel selector control. ***

The screenshot below shows an example. The action will be executed when a person is detected in zones B or C. A confidence level can added as well, like ‘person:B50’. To my knowledge, zone crossing cannot be specified…
For more, see this post.

*** I’ve tested this method only with ONVIF/External triggers. Not sure if it works with the built-in motion detector. I think Ken mentioned that the Motion zones panel selector control works only for triggers via the built-in motion detector. So it might also work for your use case.

1684128132777.png

Last edited:

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I'll try what you've suggested.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Immediate actions are processed before AI analysis is performed.
Instead, create the push action in the Alerts tab > ‘On alerts’ action set.

Actions in the Alerts tab have a ‘Required AI objects’ field that can be used to specify zones for specific objects. It may seem counterintuitive, but you need to use this method instead of using the Motion zones panel selector control. ***

The screenshot below shows an example. The action will be executed when a person is detected in zones B or C. A confidence level can added as well, like ‘person:B50’. To my knowledge, zone crossing cannot be specified…
For more, see this post.

*** I’ve tested this method only with ONVIF/External triggers. Not sure if it works with the built-in motion detector. I think Ken mentioned that the Motion zones panel selector control works only for triggers via the built-in motion detector. So it might also work for your use case.

View attachment 163075
This (and your other referenced post) are very helpful, I'm not sure how I missed the other one until now. Have you played around with other longer strings in the list of objects here in the Alerts, Required AI Objects box? For example, when adding several objects (person, car, etc..), do we have to add the zone information at the end of the string (after a colon symbol : ), or is it after each object?

Last edited: