Recording two time stamps

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Folks - on the recording only (not live video), I see two time stamps. Is there a mobile app option that I should change so that there is only one time stamp?

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Folks - on the recording only (not live video), I see two time stamps. Is there a mobile app option that I should change so that there is only one time stamp?

Thanks
This is done back at the BI server or on the cams.
I turned off BI's time/date overlay and use only the cam's time/date.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've done that too but somehow the recording still shows it. For e.g. when I use a web browser on my Mac like Safari to view recorded clips, only a single time stamp shows which is why I think there's something going on the mobile app. Here's an example picture

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've done that too but somehow the recording still shows it. For e.g. when I use a web browser on my Mac like Safari to view recorded clips, only a single time stamp shows which is why I think there's something going on the mobile app. Here's an example picture
Does one of those times correspond to "real" time and the other to the "recorded" time?

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd say that simply your computer time and camera times were not in sync. I've just checked one of my recordings via the mobile app and both times are in sync to the second.

My setup: Each camera every 10 mins checks the Blue Iris computer for the correct time and the camera time is updated accordingly. At the Blue Iris computer, I use the Network Time utility program to check the time every 1 hr and update the computer time accordingly.

Last edited:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove that higher time stamp all together and simply rely on the camera time stamp which is the accurate one, it’s set to NTP and I just confirmed it’s working as expected

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove that higher time stamp all together and simply rely on the camera time stamp which is the accurate one, it’s set to NTP and I just confirmed it’s working as expected
I'm not aware of that type of setting available.

If your cameras are working as expected, as regards an accurate date/time stamp, then just do the same to your computer.

EDIT: I believe the date/time displayed at the top of the screen, is the date/time of the computer and not your mobile phone, a calculation thereof. Believe being the operative word as I'm only guessing.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I had BI overlays turned off, but would still get time/date overlaid when grabbing a capture from UI3. I went through all of the cameras (even though overlays were off) and had to edit the overlays and delete the time stamp.

Not sure if this is helpful, but worth trying.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did that but still have the issue. Can anybody with the mobile app see if you also see two time stamps that matches my screenshot?

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In live view, at your computer (not the mobile app) is your computer time the same as the imprinted camera time? (to the second)
At what frequency are you updating/checking your computer time?
At what frequency are you updating/checking your camera time?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've not been able to consistently get my windows server to look up NTP. Somehow, it just doesn't work and been troubleshooting it through command line for a long time
However, I'm simply looking to get away from using the computer time all together. I don't think I need it - is there a way for the mobile app to not show the time you see on the top?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In web browser using live or recorded times, only one time stamps shows which is the camera time which is always in sync with the real NTP time

On my mobile iPhone app, live view only shows a single camera time. On recordings, it shows two times as shown in the screenshot in #3 and the my windows time is off by about a minute. If I manually update my windows time, both the times match

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, a better approach is to use your Blue Iris computer as the time server. There are many threads related to NTP, and the utility program of choice, and what I use, is NetTime.

I'm not sure of the innards of Blue Iris, and I could be wrong, even though the BI time stamp is disabled, I believe the time is still recorded with the video, and that is the time that you see displayed in your mobile app. This highlights that your computer time and camera times are out of sync.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so just to confirm, there is no way to turn off the computer time stamp on the mobile app right?