Register a used Hikvision DS-HD2?

sdmark

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought a used Hikvision DS-HD2 from B&H to test. When I try to set it up through the Hik-Connect Android app, it tells me it is registered to another user and would I like to request sharing.

Tried holding the reset button for 30 seconds and got "Wi-Fi reset successfully" and "Use the app to set up," but it's still registered to the original owner. Tried holding reset for two minutes (based on another thread), got the voice prompts three times (or four?) but still can't register.

Has anyone figured out how to move registration on a Hik-Connect'ed device?

Last edited:

sdmark

n3wb
Reaction score
P.S. I found instructions here on connecting to the softAP of an NSC-DB2 camera, which sure looks like a Hik clone. I see the SSID "SoftAP_K1234567" (where 1234567 is the serial number) from my Windows laptop. But the passwords "ABCDEF" and "softap_ABCDEF" (where ABCDEF is the Verification Code on the sticker) do not work.

This Hikvision article implies that I should be able to connect to the DS-HD2's SoftAP...

sdmark

n3wb
Reaction score
Talked to B&H and to Hikvision support today. Maybe if I could have gotten in to the SoftAP, I could have done something; support confirmed the password, couldn't explain why that didn't work. The only option is to send back the camera and buy a new one. Seems unusual that I can't reset a device that I have physical possession of. B&H has a "like new" one for $25 off, but after this experience, I'm buying new.

misally

n3wb
Reaction score
For those finding this from Google, you can also try "SoftAP_ABCDEF" instead of all lowercase softap_ may get you in on different firmware.