Regular record in combination with Motion Detection

kdepauw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question about using the motion detection in combination with the regular recording.

I would like to record 24/7 ( that is easy to setup )
It records 24/7 and you'll have a green bar in the playback.

Now I would like to have the yellow marker visible when there is motion detected.
I need to enable motion detection obviously, but do I need to record it or not , or just log ?

I just wan't to have the yellow marker visible in the green bar if motion is detected, that will make searching a lot easier.

I do not wan't to waste extra space to record in regular mode and then record again for motion detection because then it writes more data, or not ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
configure Motion Detection to record, configure record schedule to 24/7 Regular/MD/Alarm (dont select MD&Alarm)..

it will not waste extra space; it stops the continuos recording when motion comes in

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 11.37.43 AM.png
ignore the arrows, this screenshot was used to show someone how to export a clip from timeline.

kdepauw

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you nayr !!

Just one more question.

I have a schedule on the recorder ( storage ) and you can schedule the cam.
Is the one prefered above the other or does the storage schedule overrule the cam schedule ?
Or do I need to schedule both cam and storage with the same settings ? ( I have 24 cams to do ) :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
both, Storage -> Schedule and Event -> Video Detection -> Period.. on the video recorder.

settings on cam only need setup if you have a internal SD card for backup recording... they dont control the NVR just local recording.

Last edited:

kdepauw

n3wb
Reaction score
on the NVR you have a schedule under storage
on the NVR you can go to camera's and also set a schedule (where you set the area for motion detection)