Relay activated sound.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there some cheap device that can play a soundfile when triggered or powered on ?
I want there to be "elevator music" playing when someone comes to the door :cool: (for fun)

I think i saw somthing like that on ebay once but cant remember what i searched for.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
literally bitches
Haha cool.
Did some google:ing, seems what i need is some sort of "audio repeater"
"
ditgital audio repeaters are designed to provide reliable and consistent audio output for various applications including voice messages, music loops, special sound effects and etc. Much like a CD player playing sound tracks from a CD, a QuikWave repeater plays standard sound files from a memory chip/card but with no moving parts to wear and tear. A full line of products are offered at different price/performance ratio to meet your particular requirements.

"

http://www.eletech.com/Products/Audio_Repeaters/QuikWave_Systems/quikwave_systems.htm

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are some doorbells that can record a sound or allow you to transfer an mp3. Maybe other products for overhead paging.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are some doorbells that can record a sound or allow you to transfer an mp3. Maybe other products for overhead paging.
I saw some mp3 doorbells with pressure senstive mats that will trigger when someone steps on them but thats not quite what i am looking for for.
Anyway its a future project when i am done with all the camera setups around the house and externat IR lights. Might be awhile so i will continiue look for different solutions.