Remote Access Stopped Working

walkman99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a very stable environment, but since last night I have not been able to connect to the Blue Iris web service since. Here are the specifics:

• Coincidence or not, this started happening last night when using mobile app, I accidentally hit the "traffic signal" icon and was not able to connect after that despite multiple reboots
  • Problem occurs on both the mobile app (message: "Can't connect to server") and with ui3.html access through any browser (message: "Server is temporarily unavailable")
  • I can see transactions going through my firewall correctly and I can see the transactions coming into the PC that runs the server when I use a sniffer (I'm a network guy by trade)
  • When I go to webserver on the local PC I get same "Server is temporarily unavailable" message
  • I can see the webserver PC is listening on port 99 (my chosen port), in fact I believe the "Server is temporarily unavailable" message is actually coming from the Blue Iris webserver
What I've tried:
  • Change webserver port to port 80 and reboot (same symptoms)
  • Disable webserver reboot, enable again and reboot (same symptoms persist)
  • Run Remote Access Wizard (all checks in the wizard "pass" or get green checkmark)
It seems like somehow the webserver is running but I corrupted something in the webserver files.

Wondering if I can reinstall and not lose settings? I don't mind losing clips if needed.

[edit/note: I found articles on forum explaining how to do this and I have uninstalled and reinstalled but when program ran it still had old settings/license and problem still exists so not sure how thorough the process was.]

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks all,

:Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

walkman99

n3wb
Reaction score
Case solved, maybe this will help another FNG. Looks like the "shield" was disabled when I clicked that traffic signal icon on the mobile app and and nothing gets it enabled again except clicking on it on the server itself..

Note to self, "Don't do that!".