Remote Access Test fails after connecting through Home Plug AV500

trignflo

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a perfectly working BI system with remote access working correctly through port 7000. No issues at all.

I had to move the location of my Mac and make use of a Home Plug as a means of ethernet extending. I use Blue Iris via Windows 10 on a VM.

Since connecting through the Home Plug AV500 the remote connection now fails.

When I use the Remote access Wizard everything gets green ticks, except the Remote Access Test. I know its the correct external IP, that hasn't changed, Port forwarding is on and working, UpnP is enabled.

Has anyone knowledge of Home Plugs in this setting and issues? I've looked at their support site and it suggests all should work without issues.

When I use www.canyouseeme.org I get "Error: I could not see your service on xx.xx.xx.xx" (redacted IP)

I've switched over to my wifi connection and tried on Port 7001 but its still not having it....

Anyone got any suggestions?

TnF

trignflo

n3wb
Reaction score
I manage to sort it in the end. When Windows 10 asked to connect to network it wanted a shared connection with the Mac. This caused the error and conflict with IP address.

I changed to the non shared LAN connection of the parallels VM configuration settings and this produced a second IP address which I could port forward and all now works again.

So in fact nothing at all to do with BI just user error.