Remote Access

bomarkpl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

Having a bit of an issue. I can access my cameras remotely via the blue iris app while on wifi. However I cannot access my cameras remotely if say im out and about elsewhere. I have the ports forwarded for my wan/lan IP's and its showing "open" on canyouseeme. I can access the Remote WAN access from a browser but when i go on the app it says connection failed. Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the ports forwarded for my wan/lan IP's and its showing "open" on canyouseeme.
You mean you have your BI webserver's port forwarded to the BI webserver's IP and in the app that info is in the 'LAN' configuration (like BI-server-LAN-IP:BI-server-port) ?
And in the 'WAN' configuration for the app you have like 'Your-WAN-IP:BI-server-port' or 'Your-DDNS-Hostname:BI-server-port' ?

FWIW, +1 to what @catcamstar and @looney2ns said about a VPN.

bomarkpl

n3wb
Reaction score
Not a clue on what's (probably) going on, put please, turn off these port forwards IMMEDIATELY. You are putting your network (and therefor the internet) at risk. There is absolutely no reason, in 2020, to not have deployed a VPN service and extend your LAN towards your mobile device(s). Please consult the VPN guide on this forum.
Thanks, I'll have to ask my son to look into that part as its way over my head