Remote Access

Reaction score
I normally have access to the customers recorder either by open ports or Hik Partner Pro. (with customers permission of course)
However sometimes we need access to the cameras on the network, in this case we need to attend site.
We've just taken over a site were i noticed what looks like a Raspberry Pi plugged into the router, i was wondering if this adds some kind of reverse proxy to gain access to the network, and if so does anybody know what software is running on it?

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does the camera system owner know anything about it and who put it there? It could be used for good or evil. You could connect a monitor and keyboard to it, power cycle the pi and see what the display brings up. But if you don't have a password, you won't get very far. With the system owners permission, disconnect the pi and see if anything quits.

Reaction score
Does the camera system owner know anything about it and who put it there? It could be used for good or evil. You could connect a monitor and keyboard to it, power cycle the pi and see what the display brings up. But if you don't have a password, you won't get very far. With the system owners permission, disconnect the pi and see if anything quits.
Will do, but if it is what i think it is, would be a good tool (with customers permission)

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It can be a great tool to monitor and control a remote camera system and individual cameras. I have 40+ Raspberry Pi in place doing exactly that. It saves many miles of service calls. I always communicate with the company IT department first and explain exactly the software I will be using and have never had a problem. The access program I use is a open source produce called MeshCentral. I see all the remote Pi units on one screen and can easily troubleshoot problems.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
AngelCam runs on a raspberry pi. I do not know how much access one gets with it but you can certainly monitor your cameras.

NoProblems

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would talk to the owner to see if they know anything about the Raspberry Pi. If not, I would remove the SD card (keeping it as a backup for the Pi) and insert a freshly installed SD card like Raspberry Pi OS Lite On that new card, I would add either Tailscale, Netbird, Netmaker, or Zerotier to provide remote access.

Last edited: