Remote control with tasker app for Dahua T5442TM-AS?

Mick70

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been using the app "tasker" on my android phone for all my other Hikvision, Mobotix and even Eufy cams, in particular to manually start/end push notifications or arm/disarm the cams in total.

With the directions from Dahua API Guide I can perfectly switch on/off smart motion detection e.g. with chrome browser - but unfortunately not with tasker.

Apparently, this is due to dahua's authentication method (digest auth) - tasker on the other hand is only capable of basic auth and oauth2 (and of course simple http auth with name : pw @ ip).

• Is anyone here using the app Tasker to control newer Dahua cameras? If so how?
  • Is there any chance to set the Dahua camera to basic or oauth2 auth as provided by tasker?
  • Do you know of any plugins or workarounds (not cam vulnerabilities ;) ) so that I could still use Tasker to remote control Dahua cameras?
  • I know that tasker's dev has already been asked to implement digest auth, but apparently nothing has happened there so far. If other tasker users here find this idea useful as well, please vote up the idea :wave:!

-