Remote Surveillance Service

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dear all,
I'm trying out the demo version of Blue Iris, as I was not able to achieve my goal with my current Dahua latest generation XVR. I'm buying a remote surveillance service from a local security firm. They check my cameras remotely (through the internet) on a random schedule, to control my property. At the moment I've only enabled outdoor cameras to be visible to them. They access my NVR with their own user that has only specific channels enabled for remote vision. For privacy reasons, I would like to let them access also the internal cameras, but only when a certain condition is met (ie: The alarm system is armed). Is this feasible with Blue Iris? I wouldn't want to enable or disable the permissions on each and every channel everytime I enter or exit my house.
Does Blue Iris allow some trigger to be fired to change user's permission on a camera?
Thank you

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dear all,
I'm trying out the demo version of Blue Iris, as I was not able to achieve my goal with my current Dahua latest generation XVR. I'm buying a remote surveillance service from a local security firm. They check my cameras remotely (through the internet) on a random schedule, to control my property. At the moment I've only enabled outdoor cameras to be visible to them. They access my NVR with their own user that has only specific channels enabled for remote vision. For privacy reasons, I would like to let them access also the internal cameras, but only when a certain condition is met (ie: The alarm system is armed). Is this feasible with Blue Iris? I wouldn't want to enable or disable the permissions on each and every channel everytime I enter or exit my house.
Does Blue Iris allow some trigger to be fired to change user's permission on a camera?
Thank you
Yes, read the BI help file. Couple of ways to accomplish this.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Blue Iris will do exactly what you are asking for.

You can hide cameras based on Blue Iris's current profile, but I believe that will affect all remote users, not just your monitoring company.

You can also have specific user accounts only accessible during specific profiles, but you can't really ask a third party service to use a different user account to log in while your alarm system is armed.

With some programming effort you could actually modify the Blue Iris user account settings when your alarm system is armed or disarmed, and that could achieve your goal. But you'd have to be a competent software developer.

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks to all... I was a developer back in the day... Do you refer to macros or actions?

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've managed to achieve this in the following way:
-added a specific user for the remote surveillance personnel.
-added an action on the log on event of this user to issue an hide camera command, only active if BI is on a certain profile
-added an action on the log out event of this user to issue a show camera command, only active if BI is on a certain profile
This will guarantee privacy where i want it and for the periods of time I need.

The only question is to understand if the UI3 forces logout of the user after some time. I see there is a "time limit" option in the settings, but it seems it's not logging out the user from the UI3 session. Is this by design?