Required NVR for IP camera

Valentino

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

I am planning to install three ip cameras, all of a same model. It is a turret colorVU model. The model is: Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-L(C) 2.8mm.

My question is, whether an NVR model Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 is sufficient to record the footages and able to utilise all of the smart funcions of the camera model above. The DS-7608NI-K2 seems to me a bit older NVR, that is the reason I am not sure is it good enough or not.

By the time I also plan to upgrade the system with two more DS-2CD2347G2-L(C) 2.8mm models.

Thank you for answers in advance!

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It will cover most if not all. As long you set up smart events on camera.

I guess you need smart event search which is included. Besides that what else would you need from NVR for this cameras?
Also Hik-Connect should be able to search by events (Human/Vehicle/Other)

Do you have any specific scenario in mind?

Valentino

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have specific scenario in my mind, except the line crossing. I mainly would like to utilize the line crossing function. After more detailed planning I changed my mind and probably go with the DS-7608NXI-I2/S(C) NVR model, since I may upgrade the system with higher resolution cameras, not necessarily with the 4mpx models mentioned in the question.

I guess it will be more than enough.

Thanks for answering.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
previous one supports recording resolution of 8 MP on all channels, but having new is better. More decoding capability for live view and future upgrades as previous stated is likely EOL or will be really soon