Reset button not working

lkjsihere

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a ds-2cd4a26fwd-iz cam and I am trying to do a factory reset with the reset button, by holding it down, tried 30second and again at 60 and 120 second, while powering it on. Nothing work, it shown as active in the SAPD. I don't know the password, this is the reason I want to do a factory reset. I tried the hikvision support but not very helpful. Any idea or resolution to go about? Thanks

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hold power button before power and keep holding for 15s after powering on.

If that does not help. Then Button is broken. Check if pins are soldered on board. It should have 4 pins for button.

lkjsihere

n3wb
Reaction score
With power on, when you hold the reset button for 30 seconds do you ever hear the IR cut filter click?
No sound or click at all. The only click sound is from the reset button when pressed.

This camera is running v5.4 software and I tried that backdoor exploit trick "‘/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK " but it asking for password?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No sound or click at all. The only click sound is from the reset button when pressed.

This camera is running v5.4 software and I tried that backdoor exploit trick "‘/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK " but it asking for password?
Sounds like no reset, as @trempa92 mentioned.

lkjsihere

n3wb
Reaction score
Hold power button before power and keep holding for 15s after powering on.

If that does not help. Then Button is broken. Check if pins are soldered on board. It should have 4 pins for button.
The underside of the reset button is the the memory card slot. This make it extremely difficult to check the pin. You think if I short the pin would it work?

lkjsihere

n3wb
Reaction score
The fantastic Hikvision team here in Australia probably too busy to even reply. All other countries support can not help because its regional basis.