reset password VTH dahua

sina55555

n3wb
Reaction score
hi
i have some VTHs in various models like vth5221 & vth1512 &vth1550 and so on, that passwords of project setting is forgotten.
i searched over the net and common way is reset using email address and qrcode that unfortunately the email address is mismatched and not inserted correctly.but i think there is a way like reset password using uart and serial console in IPCam's dahua, but uboot bootloader in vth is a little different and commands in IPcams not takes effect in vth.
so how about any another way for resetting password (except email & qrcode)?

sina55555

n3wb
Reaction score
in config tool or vdp tool there is a WAY for reset password and it is a exported xml file that can email it to support dahua, but we have to email or account that be verified & i don't have this email account... and there is no other way... :( ...i searched in forum for ssh dahua that might can be accessed from this but in that topic there is no result... :(
what should i do?

Reaction score
I have not done this is in awhile, but depending on the VTO, mine are VTO2311R-WP's, they have a reset button on
the back (under the flange/cover where the POE connection is) and you can press it five times in a row (do it fairly slowly and
deliberately) and it will factory reset the VTO. Note 1) the tamper alarm goes off on about the second or third press
and if you are not ready for it, well, just be ready for a loud, shrill alarm; 2) your VTH's are not going to be able to
connect, so you will likely have to reconfigure those.