Resolution Changing Itself

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyOne have any idea why my cameras might be changing the resolution? I lost control of one of my cameras so I logged into the others to see if I could still access them. I just happened to notice that both of the cameras that I still have control of our set down to 12 80 x 7 20 They are four megapixel cameras and I know I said them at the 26 88 x 1 520

Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have these connected to an NVR, I have heard of the NVR overwriting camera settings before. You'd need to change the resolutions within the NVR instead of within the camera, I think.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No NVR on my cameras. I use iVMS 4500 and have micro sd cards in each one.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for that last reply. I was trying to use voice to dictate it. I somehow changed the IP address of a camera to the external ip of my network. Now I cannot log in to reset the camera. Unfortunately I do not have a windows computer and cannot download the SADP tool. Any idea how I could fix this?

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
what are you using to access the camera?

Change the IP address of whatever you are using to the same network as your camera, and then log in to the camera and change the IP address back.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The IP address I used is my external IP address. It is set to static. I'm guessing I change to dynamic and request a new ip? Sorry, I'm not great with network stuff.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess the better question would be is there a way to force the camera to reset?