RESOLVED: PTZ in Blue Iris .... Working in Onvif Device Manager

Reaction score
I have a few of these awful cameras, Logisaf A76WT20-4X-A, which I have working properly in ODM for PTZ, but cannot for the life of me get PTZ working in Blue Iris.

In Blue Iris I have them recording successfully, but the PTZ will not work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of getting PTZ working? Can I use ODM as a reference? I've attached photos of the camera identification and PTZ settings from the onvif device manager.

I've learned my lesson and will never again scrape the bottom of the barrel when buying cameras!

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In the camera properties in Blue Iris, go to the PTZ/Control tab and in the dropdown list near the top, choose "ONVIF (OXML)".

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The port number it is using could be wrong. The screenshot from ODM suggests the port number is 8000. Try enabling "Use another ip/port" and enter ":8000" in Blue Iris (just below the dropdown box where ONVIF is selected).

Reaction score
The solution ended up being a combination of what bp2008 suggested, port 8000 along with deleting and recreating the camera within Blue Iris. I triple checked all of the settings before recreating the camera, they are identical, but it must be something odd, in any event, thrilled that it's working. Thanks all!