Review - Dahua Ethernet over Coax Converter/Extender LR1002-1ET/LR1002-1EC

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You cannot run more than one camera off a NVR poe port.

You are exceeding the power available.

You need to plug multiple cameras into a switch and then the switch to the WAN/LAN of the NVR

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You cannot run more than one camera off a NVR poe port.

You are exceeding the power available.

You need to plug multiple cameras into a switch and then the switch to the WAN/LAN of the NVR
Thanks wittaj, I am only running 1 camera via each seperate port. There are 16 cameras in total and 16 built in POE ports on the NVR.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think the power requirements of 32 EOC devices + plus the wattage of the cams, > ( is greater than) than the total output rating of the NVR.
how long are the runs?
Thank you,
Flintstone61
That does make sense. I went ahead and ordered a POE switch. I'm not sure how long but I know they could be upward of 300-400ft on some cams as they coiled about 100ft at the end of some runs :oops:

I dont think this one is POE though.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

BobDoh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the LR1002-1ET can connect to a normal network switch instead of just an IP camera?
I need a new network port at a certain location in the home. There's an existing unused coax point so I was wondering if I could use these cheaper LR1002-1ET/LR1002-1EC pair instead of a MOCA pair.

As a secondary curiosity, I am wondering why there would be a transmitter and receiver, which implies unidirectional conversion. However, that doesn't make sense in my head, as an IP camera uses TCP/IP which is bidirectional. Will it work if transmitter/receiver were reversed?

Edit: Answering my own curiosity: Receiver/transmitter would be required because the power transmitted in one direction.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the LR1002-1ET can connect to a normal network switch instead of just an IP camera?
I need a new network port at a certain location in the home. There's an existing unused coax point so I was wondering if I could use these cheaper LR1002-1ET/LR1002-1EC pair instead of a MOCA pair.

As a secondary curiosity, I am wondering why there would be a transmitter and receiver, which implies unidirectional conversion. However, that doesn't make sense in my head, as an IP camera uses TCP/IP which is bidirectional. Will it work if transmitter/receiver were reversed?

Edit: Answering my own curiosity: Receiver/transmitter would be required because the power transmitted in one direction.
Yes it works that way. when I got one of these, I tested a lot of different things LOL. One of them was with a 4 port POE switch on the end and I powered 3 cameras and could connect a computer to it and get internet.

It is limited to 100Mbps, so that is something to keep in mind.

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
POE switch > LR1002-EC > coax > LR1002-ET > non POE device (say a laptop) will it work or will it fry the laptop's ethernet port?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
POE switch > LR1002-EC > coax > LR1002-ET > non POE device (say a laptop) will it work or will it fry the laptop's ethernet port?
That will work - that was how I tested the speed of the units before I put one in operation. Compliant devices only send power if power is needed.