Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The web plugin only works for Explorer. Even brand new Dahua cameras still work best with Internet Explorer. Not Chrome or Edge with IE tab or the NACL web app, plain ole IE.

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua cameras work best in the old Internet Explorer. Some settings won't save in other browsers, like the Alarm Track time.
Hello, for some reason even with my old laptop using internet explorer it would not pull up the video. I noticed there was a new firmware update. I went to the link it was no longer available. Does anyone have the current link for the new firmware? Thank you for the help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You probably need to go in to Explorer and delete the extensions and let it pull it again from the camera.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't remember updating that camera. If I remember there are two updates, one for the camera and one for the PTZ function. I have sold that camera a while ago, I wasn't happy with the tracking.

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You probably need to go in to Explorer and delete the extensions and let it pull it again from the camera.
I can't remember if I am doing this correctly or if it makes a difference but I have a cat 6 cable from an open port on my nvr to my laptop and have been logging in but I was wondering do I plug in the camera cat 6 cable directly into the laptop

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can do that if you have a POE injector or 12V wallwart to power the camera as the camera connected directly to the laptop then won't have power.

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can do that if you have a POE injector or 12V wallwart to power the camera as the camera connected directly to the laptop then won't have power.
Ok sounds good so it looks like having a cat 6 cable from an open port to my laptop was the way I did this in the past. Weird why it won't let me draw the areas for intrusion, etc . I had no problem before

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to download internet explorer sounds like they got rid of it with updates for newer laptops

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go into edge settings. You can go into compatibility and enable internet explorer mode on the url. Just enable it for your url http://192…. Whatever it is.

just note you gotta re-enable this every 30 days as part of some security crap.

if you have excel you can make a macro to open internet explorer.

sub newie()
Set Ie = new internetexplorermedium
Ie.visible = true
End sub

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go into edge settings. You can go into compatibility and enable internet explorer mode on the url. Just enable it for your url http://192…. Whatever it is.

just note you gotta re-enable this every 30 days as part of some security crap.

if you have excel you can make a macro to open internet explorer.

sub newie()
Set Ie = new internetexplorermedium
Ie.visible = true
End sub
Thank you I went into edge settings and enabled internet explorer mode worked perfect