Review of the New Accusense DS-2CD2T46G1-4I

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was about to buy a few Acusense cameras, then I found this - Hikvision DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S 16 Channel Network Video Recorder - No HDD included.

Not sure if anyone here has tried the 'Acusense NVR' - but I am thinking I could save money by having non-Acusense cameras and just use this box which should provide the same features on 4 cameras of any type/brand. Has anyone heard of these Acusense NVRs?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was about to buy a few Acusense cameras, then I found this - Hikvision DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S 16 Channel Network Video Recorder - No HDD included.

Not sure if anyone here has tried the 'Acusense NVR' - but I am thinking I could save money by having non-Acusense cameras and just use this box which should provide the same features on 4 cameras of any type/brand. Has anyone heard of these Acusense NVRs?
It has been briefly discussed here New Hikvision Acusense NVR or DeepInView NVR? . I wanted to try the Acusense technology out the cheapest way possible before I spent over $600 on the DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S to make sure that it works. Which is why I ended up purchasing the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I. I've been impressed with the camera and will soon be purchasing the DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S based on those results.

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks. I think I found that thread shortly after posting. Apologies!

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PS just had a thought, maybe you would like to test it? I wonder what happens if someone was to sneak up behind the camera and put a cloth or a bag over it. I would expect the human/vehicle alerts not to detect that as worth of an alarm, but maybe it's intelligent enough? Would be interested to know if you fancied bagging your cam !
I suppose he can enable Tamper detection for that.

Tamper Detection.JPG

Hikvision web site is showing new G2 products. Coneys27 cam now is DS-2CD2T46G2-2I/4I.
Does anyone know what G2 means (generation 2, platform G2???) and what are the differences from G1?

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suppose he can enable Tamper detection for that.

View attachment 55808

Hikvision web site is showing new G2 products. Coneys27 cam now is DS-2CD2T46G2-2I/4I.
Does anyone know what G2 means (generation 2, platform G2???) and what are the differences from G1?
Scene change detection works, but you need to tweak the level down to stop it from triggering when changing from colour to mono - mine are set between 27 and 30 to facilitate that. I have however noticed on mine that if I enable "send to surveillance centre" for scene change detection, it works locally but does not push the alarm to my phone on Hik Connect as it does for other alerts - possibly yet another firmware bug.

The G1 Acu Sense are only available in 2 or 4 megapixel models with no mic available. The G2 are available up to 8 megapixel and I believe there are options with microphone in some regions. Additionally on the G1 motion detection is disabled by default - if you enable it you lose the other analytics "When H265+, three streams or motion detection is enabled, the behavior analyses (including line crossing detection, intrusion detection, region entrance detection and region exiting detection) are not supported."

Reaction score
Larryhagman did you buy or do you already own the 2CD2386G2-IU? I have been looking at replacing my Dahua had almost decided on IPC-HDBW2831R-ZAS but really wanted a turret rather than dome and wanted audio and the 1/1.8" sensor or better etc. Now looking at Dahua and it ticks a lot of the boxes. If you did buy them where did you get them from, UK or elsewhere?

Cheers

David