Ring is offering $1 million to anyone who captures an alien with their doorbell camera

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Excerpt:

"Skeptics can win too! Ring is also offering a $500 Amazon gift card for the most creative fake."​
I expect PhotoShop sales to increase dramatically over the next few weeks... :lmao:

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
AI is going to ruin creativity. The way humans learn to produce works that appeal to other humans is to iterate, and then gather feedback on those iterations. My daughter draws multiple pictures daily and solicits feedback.

AI doesn't sleep though, and it can iterate thousands of times per second, and get feedback from millions of people, and it doesn't fall for lies about the quality...

We're entering an era where video proof isn't proof of anything. "It wasn't me" will become a legitimate argument to "I caught you on camera".

Aliens will always be fake news.

lenz_freaker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not to sound ignorant....but the first thing i thought of when i heard this on the news is people are going to be submitting pics of "illegal aliens" instead of E.T. being that it is such a hot topic in today's age. I did double check the site and it looks like it does specifies E.T. Im sure the memes are probably going wild.

EDIT: Lol, my point exactly ... see post above.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a nice marketing gimmick just to get more people to buy their stuff. :lmao: :lmao:
Especially with Amazon Prime Days coming up LOL

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lenz_freaker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm certain the left-leaning Ring owner, Amazon.com, would have used their preferred terms "migrants" or "undocumented immigrants" if they were to be included as "aliens", illegal or otherwise....
Just think ... some day referring to E.T. as "alien" will probably become derogatory. I'll revert to calling them prawns ala district 9.