RJ45 Pinout for iCAN POE IP Dome Camera

MattC_

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right spot. I have an iCAN IP Dome Camera (Model # CC-IPC-HS20S175), which is the generic brand from Canada Computers. I suspect it is a re-brand of another Chinese-made camera.

The camera originally came with an female RJ45 jack, and a 12 volt pin connector. The camera was removed, and during transport, the connectors were damaged. I took everything apart with good intention of trying to repair it. Now, for the life of me, I can't seem to find the connectors anywhere.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out, or point me in the right direction of how to wire this up with a new RJ45 connector.

Here are the wires that come out of the cable:
Red/White
Black/White
Black
Red
Green/White
Green
Orange/White
Orange
Purple/Yellow
Brown (or maybe purple? - hard to tell)/Green
Blue/Purple

I've attached several photos of the camera and wiring. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
looks like a proprietary cable, not industry standard network color codes.
You can tell by the red/black connections to the base of the camera that those are your POE power. The other six coppers (green, orange, blue...on that one connector) look to be your data. Just gotta tinker to find out what color code combo was used.
Of course, if you listen to me....the camera will just simply blow up :)

MattC_

n3wb
Reaction score
After some playing around, I've seemingly solved my own problem.

The pinout is as follows (diagram also attached)
1: White/Orange
2: Orange
3: White/Green
4: Blue/Purple
5: Green
6: Yellow/Purple
7: Green/Purple
8: unused

Black/White, Black, Red/White, Red are unused.

It let me log-in to the web interface, and everything seems to be working! I haven't 'let the smoke out' of it, so I think we're good! :thumb::thumb:

Attachments

feats

n3wb
Reaction score
looks like a proprietary cable, not industry standard network color codes.
You can tell by the red/black connections to the base of the camera that those are your POE power. The other six coppers (green, orange, blue...on that one connector) look to be your data. Just gotta tinker to find out what color code combo was used.
Of course, if you listen to me....the camera will just simply blow up :)
how did you
After some playing around, I've seemingly solved my own problem.

The pinout is as follows (diagram also attached)
1: White/Orange
2: Orange
3: White/Green
4: Blue/Purple
5: Green
6: Yellow/Purple
7: Green/Purple
8: unused

Black/White, Black, Red/White, Red are unused.

It let me log-in to the web interface, and everything seems to be working! I haven't 'let the smoke out' of it, so I think we're good! :thumb::thumb:
How did you figure it out? I have a pair of cams that I need to figure out, but have different color cables. There are 8! combinations so I'm sure there must be a way to test and confirm as you go?