Robbery in Habana Vieja

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
That's horrible to watch, but her situational awareness was zero. Absolutely zero.

She also should not have tried to continue on her path. She should have tried to go back the other direction where there were people.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At one point (1:18) shorts-wearing, look-out dude walked away while striped-pants dude was lined up perfectly for her to use her right knee to run his nuts clear up in his throat, then run like Hell back where she came from.

I would LOVED to see him on the ground, writhing in pain, holding his crotch, coughing up his nuts... :mad:

I detest thieves...especially their kind.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Me too. The problem is you don't know if they had knives. At the least the shorter one is easily identifiable from the camera. Very high quality picture for night time although there seems to be plenty of light around as well as the IR it's no doubt putting out.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Me too. The problem is you don't know if they had knives. At the least the shorter one is easily identifiable from the camera. Very high quality picture for night time although there seems to be plenty of light around as well as the IR it's no doubt putting out.
If I get some time in the next couple of days, I'm going to go to where this occurred and scope the scene out. And see if I can get a make and model of the camera.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s all too easy to say go all Liam Neeson after the event but I think unless you are 100% confident of your capabilities then most won’t even think it and is it worth the risk as things could escalate.

I think for the poor girl it all fell apart when the other guy started touching her and kissing her.

Reminds of the time I got mugged in London years ago. I lived in Edinburgh at the time and came down for a cousins wedding. Now I lived and grew up here and thought I knew how to look after myself but on that day I dropped the wife and daughter off and went to park my car which wasn’t that far and on a one way street. Walking back I noticed a black dude across the road who then crossed over, came up to me and asked me the time. So I stopped, I used to bloody well live in this neighbourhood so didn’t feel threatened but he grabbed at my neck, I grabbed his hand at this point and asked him what he thought he doing and with that he punched me on the jaw. That just shocked me and I sort of froze and with that he ripped the chains and ran off. I ran after him, went past my car, thought about getting in and running the fecker over but the one way street was the wrong way. As my sense started to come back I gave up the chase as he was heading towards what probably was his local area so decided to give up the chase.

That single punch just shocked me and at that exact moment my brain couldn’t comprehend what was actually happening.

So unless you have been trained by Liam Neeson to say now aware and should have kicked him in the nuts is as easy is to say and type.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So unless you have been trained by Liam Neeson to say now aware and should have kicked him in the nuts is as easy is to say and type.
As someone who's been attacked (a million years ago) in Seattle WA, Alameda CA and twice in the Philipines, I would agree. That said, the last one in the PI absorbed all my anger and I left the scene in much better shape than both of them AND I still had my watch and wallet.

Bad idea for a young girl to be in an area like that, alone.....hopefully she will learn from this episode and avoid similar situations in the future. Secondarily, getting some basic self-defense instruction by a qualified trainer of young women would also be a good idea, IMO.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
At least in the US you can carry guns in some states. Concealled carry would have been quite useful in that situation although whether the threat level was high enough to justify shooting I guess might again depend on the state and the amount of perceived threat by the girl and what was said to her. She certainly looked like she was threatened with violence and possibly was afraid of rape.