Round mounting box that has two openings for conduit?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I went yesterday and looked at a potential 4 camera job. The Hik turret mounting boxes that I normally use one has one opening on it for conduit. I need mounting boxes that have two openings so that I can have conduit coming in and out to continue on to next camera. Have you guys used any other boxes that fit the turret cams that have more holes for conduit connectors?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used one in my install that I got from Home Depot. I had to drill customize holes in the cover for the camera mount and used a bolt and nut to secure the camera to the cover.

You can check it out here: Hikvision Bullet Install
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4169

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The turret base is bigger than the bullet base.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My apologies for even mentioning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No reason to apologize you didn't know. If I where mounting bullet cams then yes the standard round metal boxes would work. My customers prefer the look of the turret cams. Now I just gotta find a box that has more than one hole to connect conduit to.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For the turret cams you need a nice round box to match the profile or it won't look good.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My only other option is to use conduit tee's, but then I would need to add tamper proof screws to the covers.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I mean using the connector from such a ip65 distribution box only.
take original hikvision turrent box, drill the needed hole, tap thread i the hole, and mount the extra connector and perhaps seal it extra off. It will not 100% match the original, but perhaps looks good enough.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll just have to beak out the titanium drill bits and a step bit and make my own 3/4" extra hole.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Might be hard to get a threaded hole in the round side.
if you look at this youtube video the original hole is not just made in the round outside, but has some extra material there..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a box here with me. I don't need to thread the new hole. The 3/4" emt connector is threaded on one side for the locknut. Their won't be anyone yanking on it and I'll add some silicone to ensure its water tight.