Router Config

upstech76

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First a little background, just recently purchased a new home and in the process of reinstalling everything. Previous home, I had Fiber to the Home, my new home I am forced to use a fixed wireless provider (Windstream). My old setup was working flawlessly using Open VPN on an Asus router.

New Setup
Windstream/Kinetic Sagecom F5380 Modem - connected to the wan port on my Asus router (Doubled NAT'd)
Asus RT-AX58U running Open VPN
2 - BV POE switches
Dozen various Dahua cameras
Blue Iris PC on internal static IP

So my question, does anyone know how to get the Windstream modem to hand my Asus router the external IP? Not sure if I need to enable DMZ, port forward, etc!

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Ideal scenario is to put their device in bridge mode:

Hello. You are looking to Bridge the F5380?
To do that access the interface.
Click Broadband & Internet
Select the IPv4 Tab - Select the drop down menu next to WAN Addressing type - select Transparent Bridge.
Click Apply

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
+1^
I ended up using Zero Tier One after i switched to a Verizon 5G modem....from a Comcast modem with my Asus RT-ax55 Router in VPN. now I just use the Asus in Bridge Mode. and everybody hooks up that SSID for in home access.

upstech76

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Everyone, thanks for the help. I was able to get Transparent Bridge mode up after a few struggles. Windstream/Kinetic didn't orignally give me an email address which is required for the PPoE credentials. Once I got this from Windstream everything went smoothly!