rtsp: 401 unauthorized, please shoot me now

Arfsdad

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed that one of my three cameras, using BI5 all updates, showing only color bars, I made no changes, just out of the blue this ocurred. I have a second identical camera which is verified working (as of last week) but offline, placed that online and same 401 unauthorized result? Pressed reset on both cmeras, went into camera specific software and setup again, went to BI and installed, still nogo. Have deleted and reinstalled using both onvif (which was how it has been running for years) and the specific settings for the camera and same 401 unauthorized result. WTF? Tthe camera is Wansview NCM625GA. I loved the performance of this camera, especially for the price. Slightly off topic...should I decide on replacing what is an ip camera that has ptz and audio which will not cost a fortune? tnx for any help

grashoper

n3wb
Reaction score
tnx, my friend , rolled back to july 10 and SUCCCESS!! I suspect that I won't be the only one with this problem, I owe you
You are absolutely not the only one. i have the 401 unauthorized as well. After fiddling with the camera, resetting, re-configuring etc. for 2 hours i decided to come here. Going to also revert back to previous version. Something definitely broke this version. Thank you Arfsdad

Arfsdad

n3wb
Reaction score
You are absolutely not the only one. i have the 401 unauthorized as well. After fiddling with the camera, resetting, re-configuring etc. for 2 hours i decided to come here. Going to also revert back to previous version. Something definitely broke this version. Thank you Arfsdad
This is a great group of helpful people.