Run a single multi sensor camera with separate IP addresses on generic DVR/NVR

wdrjack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any brand of multi sensor cameras that support separate IP addresses?
I'm trying to run a single multi sensor camera (1 cat5e cable) into a generic DVR/NVR through ONVIF. The generic DVR/NVR requires separate IP addresses for each channel.
ex. Get a multi sensor camera like Hanwha PNM-C34404RQPZ to display 5 separate channels on a generic DVR/NVR.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the camera outputs multiple channels they would likely still be using the same IP address, but different channels in the url.
eg. rtsp:/192.168.1.111:554/media/video1 for channel 1 and rtsp:/192.168.1.111:554/media/video2 for channel 2 etc.

However if the NVR expects a unique IP address for each channel you may have an issue.
You would need to see if the NVR can allow custom url's for the cameras and then you should be able to specify the appropriate channels (once you have worked out what they are).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Plus keep in mind that you cannot exceed the channel capacity of the NVR.

So if you have an 8 channel NVR with 7 cameras on it, you will only be able to get one camera feed from a multi-sensor camera.

wdrjack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So if the NVR can support custom URLs, then any branded multi-sensor camera with work with it?
I guess my question is to ask the NVR company if they support 3rd party multi-sensor cameras that allows this.
I know that you typically have to stay in the same brand for it to work.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So if the NVR can support custom URLs, then any branded multi-sensor camera with work with it?
Maybe.

The only NVR and cameras guaranteed to work together are ones of the same brand and even then it might depend on the model.

If the NVR supports onvif then it's likely that it will be able to connect to it, but it may only be able to pull video only. No alerts or etc.