S3VC 5MP WiFi camera zoom- available in Blue Iris

araczek

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought this camera hoping to use zoom in BI but this company is not listed in th PTZ tab. Is it at all possible
to get this working in Blue Iris? I’ve been going crazy trying to find decent WiFi cameras and this would
s__k.

alan

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
SV3C doesn't have a very good reputation, for good reasons, here on IPCT. If you want a decent PTZ there are many available from Dahua and Hikvision. Even those need some "massaging" to get them working nicely in BI.

Here's an example, but there are many others that have been reviewed -

araczek

n3wb
Reaction score
SV3C doesn't have a very good reputation, for good reasons, here on IPCT. If you want a decent PTZ there are many available from Dahua and Hikvision. Even those need some "massaging" to get them working nicely in BI.

Here's an example, but there are many others that have been reviewed -

Thank you. I was afraid of that. My requirements for a camera:
- must be wifi
5MP or better
-have 100’ ballpark night vision
  • be a bullet
  • nice to have zoom
-less than or ballpark of $200.
i looked at Dahua and Hikvision and I was hard pressed to find WiFi camera’s. Tried a dual band Reolink and it saturated my WiFi causing other
cameras to lose signal. I have a 2 node google nest WiFi. I usually buy Amcrest but they are out of stock of almost everything.

Thoughts or suggestions?

...AR

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
WiFi won't perform. You said PTZ which implies a hardwired camera. If you can get power to a camera for WiFi you can get a network cable there. Alternately, any camera can be made "wireless" by using a dedicated RF link system like a Ubiquity Nano Loco. I use that to link the cameras in my sheds to the house.

I don't know of any camera, bullet or turret that is actually a true zoom lens camera. Don't confuse "zoom" with varifocal. A varifocal is a camera with a motorized lens, zoom lens, but it is designed to be set at a specific zoom level, that suits the installation, and left that way. The drive for the lens is not built for constant use. If that will work, look at the Dahhua 2231T-ZS. Excellent performance for about $125 on Amazon. There is also a bullet version

I just got one today and it is set up for testing/burn in right now. It's replacing an SV3C as a matter of fact.

2231T-ZS, temporary mount about six feet lower and six feet to the left of the SC3V and with its' IR shut off -

2231t-zs.JPG

SC3V, a 2Mp also -

2231t-zs.JPG

There is an IR illuminator located directly in front of, and six feet lower than,the SC3V. It's a 30 watt one to "flood" the rear yard and keep the bugs aways from the cameras. I'm using extra IR illuminators to extend the night vision of most of my cameras. These screen caps are from BI which means the 2231T-ZS is a substream at 720P versus the SV3C, which isn't capable of a substream and a main stream, at the full 2Mp.

This one is from a B5442E-ZE, bullet form factor, 4Mp. Again a 720P substream -

5442B-ZE.JPG

In any event, you are looking for something I haven't seen and seem to be chasing megapixels. The problem with more than 4Mp cameras is that the amount of light per pixel is cut, proportionally, by the increase in pixel density. 4Mp, at the moment, is the sweet spot unless you're ready to spend about $2K for a camera and lens plus another $1K, or so, of the proper enclosure and that is a fixed focal length camera.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

araczek

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, thank you for the information, very informative. On mp's yes I understand, 3-4mp's would be nice. As far as wifi goes I am too heavily invested right now in wifi camera' s so I am trying
to stick to them although I know the inherent problems with wifi. I have a split level rather large house and don't fancy starting to run cables. My Amcrest camera's are nice except Amcrest seems
to not be able to keep stock of what I want.
I returned a Reolink that DID work (dual band) but it saturated my wifi and caused other cameras to drop out. What I didn't try was disconnecting the antennas one at a time to see if that cleared up the issue.

...ar

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Again, any camera can be made into a WiFi camera with a Nano Station Loco or be linked, on a secure encrypted link. Using the Nano as a link would take the load off your WiFi network which seems to be at the saturation level. You do realize that there is a limit to how many cameras can utilize WiFi in a given location and/or access point. In fact, that last thumbnail is a camera that's linked by a Nano Station Loco and there has never been a dropout in over a year of 24/7 operation other than outright power failures (no UPS in the shed).

araczek

n3wb
Reaction score
I will consider it. BTW the camera I was trying was to replace an Amcrest that was in the same spot before. The Amcrest just seemed a little fuzzy so this is why I am going
through this with the cameras. I am not adding a camera I am replacing a camera. The Amcrest did just fine with a fuzzy picture and I had no bandwidth issue. Thank you.

MiteyAV

n3wb
Reaction score
s3VC Cameras are a complete waste of money, especially the wifi ones.. They claim to be ONVIF, however good luck getting that to work... They are Chinese junk, I ended up taking one apart, it was as if I went back in time 10 years. Don't buy that crap.