same camera 2 feeds

secs

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you add a camera by copying from one already on the system does it pull a complete new stream?

I have a camera over looking an area. Its set up for certain alerts. I want an area in that image to send a different alert. So I thought maybe copy the camera and do different alerst that way?

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Under "Add New Camera", "Type", select "Copy from another camera". This will add the same camera and will not pull a second stream. Give it a different name and short name. You can then set the cloned camera triggers and alerts different from the original camera.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you add a camera by copying from one already on the system does it pull a complete new stream?

I have a camera over looking an area. Its set up for certain alerts. I want an area in that image to send a different alert. So I thought maybe copy the camera and do different alerst that way?
Copies do not open a separate stream. BI simply uses the same stream for he copied camera.
Open up the BI status, and you will see that the bitrate will be zero for all copies. Also, the copied cameras window should have an '*' after it.