save to ftp w/o nvr?

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a remote location an I want to use as less equipment a possible (I don't want to be stolen). Is is possible to use a dahua ip camera w/o nvr and save to ftp directly? Can this configuration be made directly via admin panel of the camera? And also access the camera remotely via internet?
Thanks!

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Salut,
this depend of camera model, I recommend you one that have also an SD card slot so can record locally in case of emergency when your connection it is cut.
For example EZ-IPC-D2B20-ZS cameras; I am happy using for few weeks exactly as you plan to do It record on remote FTP and SD in emergency if FTP connection it is lost, all config are done remote from web interface, but for internet access I am using VPN to locally VLAN because I have a firewall in front.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Every Dahua model I've owned has had the option to save to FTP. But I gotta tell you the naming and directory/folder structure the camera creates is awful. Subfolders upon subfolders until you finally get to the video. You will probably have to write a script that moves and renames all the video files it creates to a more easily accessible folder with better naming just to maintain your sanity.

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is how it looks the structure on FTP:
CAMERA NAME -> REC DATE -> video_001 -> REC HOUR -> FILES...
cctv-ftp.png

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If will be nice to have a sw/player that is able to display this recordings in timeline as in SPSS or NVR player

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
That's actually a little bit better (one less subdirectory) than the snapshot saving naming where the cameras create an additional minute subdirectory of the snapshot time under the hour subdirectory.

I ended up just writing a very simple script that copies out my snapshots to a SAMBA network share so I don't have to drill down through that directory structure.