Scheduled snapshots no longer working

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Years ago I setup BI to take daily snapshots from most of my cameras, with the intent of creating timelapse videos of garden projects. I hadn't looked at them in a while, but recently noticed the latest snapshots in the folder were from nearly a year ago. I'd like to get this working again. I've attached pics showing how I'm configuring the daily snapshot event on each camera, the available space on the H: drive, the config for the JPEG folder, and the BI logs showing that the snapshot event was triggered on several cameras around 1:00pm. However, there are no files in the H:/Snapshots folder. Maybe they're getting saved somewhere else?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious...what version of BI is that? And is this on Windows XP?

I can only comment on v5; set up each cam's snapshot interval at "Camera settings" => "Record" tab.

This info is found in BI's built-in "Help".

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's Windows 7 and BI version is 5.5.4.3.

I don't see what you're talking about in the BI help. I do see options to take a snapshot in the Record tab, but it only gives option to do it every "m:ss:s", and does not provide the ability to take a snapshot at a specific time each day, like the Schedule tab does.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try "Camera settings" => "Post" tab, check "post files to a folder" and type in an existing folder name in the box (if you had created a new folder beforehand you can use the 3 dots to browse to it).
Then go to "camera settings" => "Schedule", click on "Events Schedule" button at bottom right.
Check box "enable", create a new event with the " +" sign, enter HH:MM:SS, select function "Queue JPEG Post" from drop-down.

I did the above and posted a snapshot at exactly the time I configured into the folder I chose.

EDIT: 2/7 0645 CT, clarified selection of folder name/creation for the JPEG to be posted to.

Last edited:

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, I got it working with your tips. I don't know why the Schedule route stopped working, but this appears to satisfy my requirements. At first I was a bit confused as after enabling the POST part (but before setting up the schedule) I was seeing images being added from one camera every 10 seconds. Then I noticed in the POST window it had by default checked "Queue an image update each 10 sec". After disabling that, it appears to be working correctly now.

I think this method is actually better than the previous scheduled snapshot method, as this one allows me to save the images from each camera in their own folder. The previous method dumped all snapshots into the same folder. This will make it easier to create time lapse videos, as all images from each camera are in their own folder.

Last edited:

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In case anyone else stumbles on this thread, I set the filename for the saved images to this format: &CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S

This outputs the camera name, followed by a dot, then year month day underscore hour minute second. Without this, I believe each day's photo would overwrite the previous day's photo. This naming scheme makes it easy to sort the images by camera name and create date at the same time.

Also, on both the Post and Schedule steps, it disables the event when system is on the "0" profile by default. I manually enabled it in both places on each camera. I still want the pictures taken whether Blue Iris is armed or not.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@TonyR and @TWallace... I've followed the steps to create an event for a camera. Now, how to I set it to running weekly or monthly. Also, where do I set the destination folder? Thanks!