school bus uses my front yard to turn around

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Noticed a school bus in front of my house yesterday morning. Must have been a new driver because they usually turn around where they pick up the kids. the driver must have got scared when they saw the bridge that they thought they could not cross. my road is marked as a 4 ton road.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, hope they don't make a habit out of it.
If they do, you will have to come up with a plan. Maybe a lamp post and a camera...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Hope you reported that to the school district or private contractor.

I'd go with punji pits. More fun to watch the tires go flat, especially four at once.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, hope they don't make a habit out of it.
If they do, you will have to come up with a plan. Maybe a lamp post and a camera...
I just ripped out a evergreen bush and planted grass there about a month ago. I wasn't planning to put anything else there. Maybe I'll have to rethink that.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hope you reported that to the school district or private contractor.
I figured that if it happens again I would call the bus company to inform them of the misshap. The ground is pretty soft and I can fix it with a roller or even just the mower.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like they turned onto grass across the street from you too. SMH
That is actually a driveway. Nobody really lives there. It is a second house for the owners. The trash and recycling trucks back up the street and into the driveway next to the barn to turn around.