SD12203T-GN-W - Setup with IMOU app.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently considering buying some Dahua SD12203T-GN-W wifi cameras and setting up several units on a farm. Security is not a concern at this location so I'd like to have the simplest possible set up, but also utilize PTZ.

Is it possible to set up these cameras in a plug and play option with the IMOU app similar to their newer cameras? Or do I need some kind of port configuration?

There are plenty of options for outdoor cameras but not any that I could find which have PTZ in this discreet form factor. If anyone can recommend an alternative that fits my requirements that would be great also.

Thank you.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IMOU is Dahua's consumer line. The SD12203T-GN-W falls under their pro-line, so you'd use their iDMSS/gDMSS app instead of IMOU, and you'd need to enable the P2P feature on the camera (through the cameras web interface) to be able to access it remotely without having to setup port forwarding on your router (not recommended) or a VPN.

Reaction score
IMOU is Dahua's consumer line. The SD12203T-GN-W falls under their pro-line, so you'd use their iDMSS/gDMSS app instead of IMOU, and you'd need to enable the P2P feature on the camera (through the cameras web interface) to be able to access it remotely without having to setup port forwarding on your router (not recommended) or a VPN.
Fantastic, that's exactly the information I was looking for, much appreciated.