SD1A203T-GN Just stopped working

Psylent126

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a SD1A203T-GN that I purchased from Andy back in 2019. It has been working great up until just the other day. About two days ago I lost connection with the camera in Blue Iris. I have tried to connect to the camera via the web interface and have not had any luck either. I tried preforming a full factory reset (with the reset button on the camera), but I can't get the Dahua tool to see the camera so that I can re-initialize it. I am not sure what to do at this point as nothing I try seems to allow me access to the camera. I can see that the network port on my switch still lights up and blinks when I plug in the camera, but I can't get anything beyond that.

Can anyone provide any sort of suggestion or is this camera just dead at this point?

Thank you.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Psylent126 Take the camera and connect it to your POE switch with a really short cable (like 1 feet length). Does that help?

I'm just trying to eliminate the original, longer cable as the problem.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With the POE switch lit up that is hopefully a good sign.

Try a good known cable in case it is the cable going bad or a connection.

If you still can't see it, then try this:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1672063957334.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Psylent126 BTW, do you have your PTZ actively change PTZ presets daily, like using the tour feature? Perhaps, the PTZ is at the end of it's life because of this...

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,
Not trying to hijack here, but I have the same situation. Was working last night...not this morning. I pulled it down from its perch and took it inside. Tried to factory reset with button. Not sure of the exact procedure here, but held it down for about 15 seconds while powered up and also tried holding reset button and then plugging it in.
Have tried known good jumpers, removed from POE switch and tried a couple power injectors and every time the camera does its power up tour with the PTZ, but I can never get any response when trying to surf to 192.168.1.108...http or https.
I hardly every use the PTZ on it.
Now when powered up it just keeps doing the PTZ tour. I can see a red, green and amber led lit up when doing this in the dark depending on where the PTZ mech is at the time.

Anyone else have other suggestions or is this one dead?

Thanks