SD1A404XB-GNR And What AI for maximum benefit?

Longview

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased one SD1A404XB-GNR camera from Andy. I will order two more and in planning to replacing non AI cameras and want to ask for opinions on the method of AI to use for one application.

One I will use with Tripwire only, The other will be used for Auto Tracking. The third that I need an opinion on is a "driveway camera". Positioned over a back gate, garage door and trash area.

Currently it is programmed for Motion Detection but is effected by light from headlights, fireworks, or any light source such as motion detection lighting. I am leaning toward (Intrusion, SMD, or Tripwire).

If anyone has experience with a scenario like this including targets of (Humans, Vehicles, Animals) it would be appreciated. There is not much traffic in this area possibly ten alarms per day.

I can try each method to guage success but any input would help. Thanks!!!

Attachments

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't believe the SD1A404XB-GNR has auto tracking. Other than that, I have one that I haven't played around with that much so I am paying attention as well. :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a little high and will be problematic as people will be more looking on tops of their heads than seeing the whole profile.

Most of us have found that IVS rules work much better than motion detection or Smart Motion Detection if you are only interested in human or vehicle triggers.

But you only use one. So if you use IVS, then turn off MD and SMD.

You may have better luck with an intrusion box than a tripwire at that height. The tripwire works in a 3 dimensional way, so the object has to travel halfway through and at that height, the surface area of a person might be too small to trigger accurately, especially at night.

Longview

n3wb
Reaction score
Most excellent overview! Thank you... There are many dynamics that I had not considered.

(Height, Width, Targets, Weather, Animals, Insects, Lighting) It has taken some time to decide WHAT is important to view, and why?

I noticed that all kinds of movement activity activate Tripwire all the time I am constantly tuning it. I think Intrusion Box would be appropriate.

I have two Auto Track Cameras that are Camera Managed; can I turn off the SMD and MD on the Garage Camera in NVR and just use Intrusion or is it camera?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you did the IVS tripwire, was MD and SMD turned off?

Did you check the box for human and vehicle?

Did you leave min size as 0,0 and let AI do its thing?

It is best to set up any parameters in the camera itself, not the NVR. use the NVR parameter settings only for alerts and recording.

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are you using for the NVR? Does it have the capability of receiving ONVIF alerts?

A SD card in the camera is useful if you want to have a backup of the video or for troubleshooting on the camera end.