SD1A404XB-GNR Spare Plastic Dome?

patc

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I made a mistake when moving this camera and managed to scrape the plastic dome in several places which is affecting the picture. It seems like such a waste if the only resolution is to replace the camera completely - are there are compatible replacement domes out there I can swap out myself? I'm not bothered about a branded part or invalidating a warranty etc...

Thanks in advance!

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@patc If you can't get a replacement dome, why not try camera without it. If it's installed in a dry location, let's see how long it last.

Otherwise, like you said, you might decide to retire the camera anyways due to scratch.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any chance you can rotate the dome to where it doesn't impact the image?

patc

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's more than one scratch, rather several large scrapes from catching some stones when dropped, so there's no sweet spot I can rotate it to. It's mounted outside so can't really remove it entirely. Seems a shame when it's probably such a cheap thing to make but fair enough if they don't supply these parts or noone makes them, I guess it's a bit niche.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score

Know nothing about them or what fits but on a quick search see a number of vendors offering replacement domes.