SD49225T-HN connection problems

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just purchased a new SD49225T-HN through Andy and I'm having some issues connecting.

So of course, the first thing I did is excitedly plug it into the switch. I was disappointed when I didn't see any link lights start happily flash. I'm connecting to a Netgear GS748TP capable of POE+ which I expected would power the camera. When I switch the link lights to POE mode, I did notice that the switch acknowledged that there was a POE device pulling power. When I log into the switch, I can see a power draw on the port I'm plugging into. I have tried multiple cables and ports including swapping an existing working camera (Dahua IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE) utilizing all the same cabling. Still, the link lights don't come on. Is there a dip setting I need to set internally to set the camera for IP traffic? If not, is this camera potentially defective?

Thanks for the help,
-V

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just purchased a new SD49225T-HN through Andy and I'm having some issues connecting.

So of course, the first thing I did is excitedly plug it into the switch. I was disappointed when I didn't see any link lights start happily flash. I'm connecting to a Netgear GS748TP capable of POE+ which I expected would power the camera. When I switch the link lights to POE mode, I did notice that the switch acknowledged that there was a POE device pulling power. When I log into the switch, I can see a power draw on the port I'm plugging into. I have tried multiple cables and ports including swapping an existing working camera (Dahua IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE) utilizing all the same cabling. Still, the link lights don't come on. Is there a dip setting I need to set internally to set the camera for IP traffic? If not, is this camera potentially defective?

Thanks for the help,
-V
Have u used configtool to try find it on the network?
This usually boils down to the cable being the issue.
Try a new store bought quality cable that is 24awg gauge.

Reaction score
Looney2ns,

Thanks for the suggestion!

1) I'm not even getting a link light so trying the configuration tool is a bit pointless at the moment. That said, I did try to ping 192.168.1.108 per the advertised default IP. No luck
2) I tried multiple known good cables, one of which is running my other POE camera. In fact, I replaced the old camera with the new one to ensure I had a perfect known good configuration.
3) I've used both CAT 5e 24 awg and CAT 6 23awg. some of those were store bought. No luck.

I'm open to more suggestions. I appreciate all help!
-V

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  1. Configure a PC to the 192.168.1.x subnet.
  2. Boot the camera and the PC on the same switch.
  3. Use Chrome to navigate to 192.168.1.108 and you should be greeted by the camera's configuration routine

Reaction score
I resolved the issue. The Netgear GS724TP is only poe capable, not poe+ as I had thought. After plugging in a poe injector I had laying around, it fired right up and gave proper link lights. Everything works as expected now. Looks like I'm in the market for a new switch...

Thanks for all your suggestions!
-V

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I resolved the issue. The Netgear GS724TP is only poe capable, not poe+ as I had thought. After plugging in a poe injector I had laying around, it fired right up and gave proper link lights. Everything works as expected now. Looks like I'm in the market for a new switch...

Thanks for all your suggestions!
-V
Doh, I even looked that switch up, and at a quick glance I thought it was POE+ as well. oops...

Reaction score
Doh is right. There are documents out there stating that it is a POE+ switch. Therefore, I didn't think that was my issue. When a POE injector worked, I started to look at it closer. Not sure if there are different versions of the switch or if an update occured, but mine definitely isn't poe+. Supper bummed...

javierfer

n3wb
Reaction score
My camera is dead and I want to revive it. My question is, what are the connection pins for the UART port? Is additional hardware necessary to connect to the UART of this camera other than USB-TTL? Has anyone been able to establish communication through the UART port for this camera?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My camera is dead and I want to revive it. My question is, what are the connection pins for the UART port? Is additional hardware necessary to connect to the UART of this camera other than USB-TTL? Has anyone been able to establish communication through the UART port for this camera?
How many posts you gonna spam with this message :lmao:

Might have been easier to just make a new post...

javierfer

n3wb
Reaction score
How many posts you gonna spam with this message :lmao:

Might have been easier to just make a new post...
I apologize but I thought it would be better if the members who are already in this forum knew some information=)