SD49425XB-HNR Setup advice for a newb, please

EWKiter

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Experts (non-expert, here) -

Hoping for some setup advice. I just received the Loryta Outdoor 4MP Starlight 25X Optical Zoom IR PTZ Smart AI IP Camera Support Auto-Tracking, PoE+ ,Perimeter Protection ,Face Detection,Smart Capture SD49425XB-HNR - I purchased from Andy's Amazon store.

This will not be used as a security camera, so none of those related features (movement tracking, face detection, night vision, etc.) will be needed. Will not be using with an NVR.

This will simply be a password-protected, live video camera which will be pointed at a local surf spot. It will be powered via POE on my roof. It will be accessed by only a handful of friends who will have the password and access instructions, mostly over iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, maybe a web browser).

Ideally, I would not want the outside users to have full operation of the PTZ. If possible, would like them to simply view a handful of preset views, or, worst case, whatever single view I serve up as the admin. As admin, I would want full manual operation of the PTZ, settings, etc.

From what I understand, there is a setup app that works with Macs. Worst case, I have a friend with a Windows machine that can help me with the initial setup, but I would rather not and just handle it on my Mac. I was previously directed to this site for the setup software for my model: DahuaWiki

I had previously used an iOS app called IP Cam Viewer to access an old Canon POE IP camera with success. I will need to contact that app developer about it working with this particular camera model. Open to any other iOS apps as well.

Any setup input/ideas for what I am trying to accomplish would be greatly appreciated!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is an unique case and not one that many here do LOL.

I would say at a minimum do not update the firmware as it will lose autotracking. You may not need it now, but you may in the future or if you sell it later.

I would try the simple DMSS app that Dahua has for their cameras and see if that provides you the flexibility and functionality you want.

I would suggest you create several user accounts that limit their access to the camera. Do not give out the admin credentials unless you want them to have full access.

Given your use case, I would say try running with the default settings and see if you are satisfied with the quality. No sense dialing in to your setting with shutter speeds, brightness/contrast, etc. if the default settings work for your use case.