SD4A425DB-HNY vs SD49425XB-HNR

Ipcamquest

n3wb
Reaction score
The specs are nearly identical for these two PTZs. Does one outperform the other in real world use? I am trying to decide between the two and just want the best performing PTZ at that price point.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have them both.

The 49425 has better infrared, so if you are in dark place, the 49425 is the better choice.

But the small form factor of the SD4A is nice and for some that is the driving factor. Plus its tracking is better.

Ipcamquest

n3wb
Reaction score
If there was supplemental IR, would you consider the performance equal? Is the firmware functionality the same on both? I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Always great to see comparisons from someone that has both products?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, if you can provide additional IR, I would put the favor into the mini-PTZ.

The firmware are two different types. The 49425 is the old GUI that if you have Dahua OEM cams in the past, it will be very familiar.

The mini-PTZ uses the new web GUI that not many are a fan of (basically because we are used to the older one LOL). But it has more functionality, including the ability to have many more profiles instead of just day and night profile of the older GUI.

The mini-PTZ has the newest tracking algorithm so it can predict where the object is going to get you past a pesky tree or something a lot easier than the 49425.

I also think being newer, the chipset/sensor on it is probably a little better.

But in a straight shootout of the two in a dark location, after about 50 feet out, the 49425 has the advantage due to better infrared.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just posted a comparison thread:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want a good one, Andy has the 49225 on his refurb list right now, but it will go quick!