SD59430U-HNI PTZ loss troubleshooting

Reaction score
I've got 2 of these cameras and I lose my ptz control about every 30 minutes. I have to unplug them from the switch and everything works fine again. I've gone through 3 different poe+ switches, I've done a factory reset on the back of the cameras, firmware is up to date. One camera is about 75-100 ft away, one is around 30-40 ft away and they both drop off at the same time. Do you think this is a camera issue or some type of ip conflict? I love the cameras when they work but holy hell I am over it

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello ProCorrections,

I have 5x SD59430U-HNI in my environment and had never your kind of problem.

But I use direct power (no POE), which means, I have 20m 3x 1mm2 power cable with a Euro Plug and behind the Dahua power adapter to the camera.

In your situation, I would try a direct power cord and if this works, the problem is your POE... and maybe your LAN cable!

What kind of CAT cable are you using?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello ProCorrections,

I have 5x SD59430U-HNI in my environment and had never your kind of problem.

But I use direct power (no POE), which means, I have 20m 3x 1mm2 power cable with a Euro Plug and behind the Dahua power adapter to the camera.

In your situation, I would try a direct power cord and if this works, the problem is your POE... and maybe your LAN cable!

What kind of CAT cable are you using?
CAT6 cable

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That should be good enough (even if there are CAT7 cable, there is no CAT7 plug or patch field, max. is CAT6)... but to determine if its really not the CAT6 cable, I would recommend a test with direct power.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
CAT6 cable
Make ...certain...that the cable is pure solid copper, and not copper clad aluminum. Or cheap stuff that easily breaks.
This is most likely:
1-Ip confict, could be with anything on your network, this would be a user setup error.
2-bad crimps on the rj45's cable ends
3-connections not properly water proofed.
4-rodent chewed on a cable.

Test with a known factory built quality cable

The POE+ switchs you have tried simply don't provide enough wattage.

Reaction score
Disconnect one and see, if with one will work correctly, or not.
I did that as well, still the same.

Make ...certain...that the cable is pure solid copper, and not copper clad aluminum. Or cheap stuff that easily breaks.
This is most likely:
1-Ip confict, could be with anything on your network, this would be a user setup error.
2-bad crimps on the rj45's cable ends
3-connections not properly water proofed.
4-rodent chewed on a cable.

Test with a known factory built quality cable

The POE+ switchs you have tried simply don't provide enough wattage.
Thank you I will try to run through this list and see if I can narrow it down. What a pain!

gtbkr25

n3wb
Reaction score
I did that as well, still the same.

Thank you I will try to run through this list and see if I can narrow it down. What a pain!

Did you ever have any luck getting this issue resolved. I'm in the same boat with the Dahua SD22404T-GN, which is experiencing the exact same symptoms. I've tried all of the same options, as you, with the exception of a direct power cable. Seems as if it was a power issue, it would not work properly as soon as you plug it in. It almost seems as though it times out and quits responding.

Reaction score
Did you ever have any luck getting this issue resolved. I'm in the same boat with the Dahua SD22404T-GN, which is experiencing the exact same symptoms. I've tried all of the same options, as you, with the exception of a direct power cable. Seems as if it was a power issue, it would not work properly as soon as you plug it in. It almost seems as though it times out and quits responding.
Not yet, I've been in touch with Andy who I bought them from regarding the issue but no luck yet.