SD5A425XA-HNR rebooting itself during auto tracking

rayhoo

n3wb
Reaction score
First of all, I've been lurking here for ages, learning from all the info this group shares, and want to say thanks for the wealth of information that gets shared on this site. I've used it to help me setup a basic security setup here using a handful of various cameras, including a new SD5A425XA-HNR. Everything feeds a Blue Iris 4 server. Mostly things work really well! The one problem that I can't figure out with this new camera is that often when triggered and tracking a subject, it'll freeze and reboot itself after several seconds of tracking/recording. The camera logs don't show a lot of detail, only displaying an "Abort" event followed by "Start up", "Save Configuration" and "Login" events. I'm not sure if there's a way to see detailed log output or if that's all the info that's available.

I'm unsure if this is something related to streaming to BI (bandwidth? error?) or internal problem in the camera. The camera otherwise works fine when not triggered, or when manually panning around. And BI has been solid and stable otherwise.

Any thoughts, or anyone ever see something similar?

rayhoo

n3wb
Reaction score
looking through old threads some more, I see mention of power requirement that are a bit more than my switch is set to (17 watts). I've increased that to 26 watts and will watch it. Hopefully that helps!

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
A lot of problems are related to power supplies and 26W should be fine.

AC24V/3A±25%
POE+

Power Consumption

11W
20W (IR light on)

rayhoo

n3wb
Reaction score
upping port power seems to be the issue. I'm using a HP 2620 POE+ switch that has been mentioned in other threads; configuring the port to 25 watts and setting the allocation method to "value" (i.e. a fixed number) got things working correctly. The switch allows for enabling LLDP TLV and LLDP-MED separately and a few different power allocation choices, so I'll play with those to a bit more. The port previously was configured with LLDP TLV enabled and allocation based on usage, which wasn't working.