Sealing the amcrest camera mounts. How are folks doing it?

xantari

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

How are folks sealing the camera cable entry locations on the mounts.

See hole in attached picture where the ethernet is going...

Thanks!

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They're called "cable glands" by many and "strain relief connectors" by others.
It depends of which model of box you have, so determine if it's a Dahua box or an Amcrest equivalent (Dahua cams are re-branded Dahuas).

That looks like a pretty thick cable exiting now; if that's the camera pigtail, then it should stay inside the box with the Ethernet cable plugged into it and then the connection weather-proofed as here. Of course, install the correct connector first, do the weather-proofing last.

This may give you some insight==>> Cable gland or alternative for PFA130-E

Or better yet, go directly to blazin912 's post here.
WS2xYCs_sm.jpg

If you're having a hard time locating the correct one and/or it's going to be quite a while before you resolve it, consider plugging that hole with some duct seal to keep the bugs and bees out until you obtain the right connector; the duct seal is like dough and it removes easily when you locate the correct connector. It's only $3 for a 1 lb. brick.

Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Last edited:

xantari

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! Yes the PFA130-E is the one I have. It looks like the Mouser ones are good ones to get (albeit a bit on the spendy side). Just trying to look for the white ones now...

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For Cat 5E cable, I just drilled a 7/64 hole in the OEM screw in plug center and protected with Coax Seal Tape. This location is mostly weather protected so I opted for this vs using the bulky cable gland. The 7/64 hole opening fits Cat 5E very snug. This is assuming you crimp your own ends, I use the Klein tool and pass thru connectors.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures as mentioned above of a Dahua Wedge (EmpireTech Andy) Camera on a Dahua 139 mount. In hindsight, should have mounted it out about another 1/4" from the siding as it was a mismatch between the hole drilled and the entrance hole resulting in a pretty severe bend but all is working. Not a lot of room in the mount for all the cabling but all was jammed in. This mounting was much preferred to using the cable gland.

Attachments