Search for firmware for IPCAM PTZ model C6F0SoZ3N0P9L2

Harry23

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have IPCAM C6F0SoZ3N0P9L2 where the firmware was V19.1.27.16.3-20191216.

I updated the camera firmware, but it was probably bad.

Unfortunately I did not back up the original firmware, so please send firmware V19.1.27.16.3-20191216.

Does anybody have a newer firmware for this unit?

Thank you in advance Petr

Last edited:

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Unfortunately I did not back up the original firmware, so please send firmware V19.1.27.16.3-20191216.

Hi Petr

To my knowledge there is no easy way to get a backup of the Firmware from the camera before attempting to upgrade or trying to resolved problem with Firmware.

I have ordered more than 50 cameras made by these Chinese manufacturer all with different Firmware and did see some improvement over the last 5 years.

The most reliable source to get the Firmware is most of time is directly from the Chinese vendor( you bought the camera from ) when they want to cooperate with you if you buy a lot from them or when they see potential future sale. Sometime they want proof that you have the camera so i did email them a picture showing the perticular version form the camera info web page.

They seam reluctant to supply Firmware because it is a ( double edge sword )it could possibly be good or brick your camera if it`s the wrong Firmware or done incorrectly and they got blamed .

For my parts i did received from at least 5 different vendor different Firmware asking for backup of the original Firmware and in some case what they have provided me were more recent ( date )most of time fixing/adding feature or not so obvious change ( probably fixing unseen bug ) .

The most recent feature been the ( 6 Languages ), the rule that i have seen is if the 3 first set is the same as the original Firmware you can upgrade safely ( it should be the Right Firmware for the device you try to upgrade ) but there are exception example: V19.1.27.16.3-20191216 should be possible with V19.1.27.15.19-20191129 because of the V19.1.27 but because of the date i would not be sure ( they might be risk or lost feature ).

Some vendor did ask honestly from their supplier for Firmware but got told the Firmware does not exist anymore , look like they do not know themself because i did ask for Firmware V20.1.13 and they say not available.
But to my surprise when i did upgrade a camera with original Firmware V20.1.12 the Upgrade did change the version in the camera from V20.1.12 to V20.1.13 and did added one feature.

So asking for Firmware V20.1.13 really does not exist , as the version was marked V20.1.12 and asking they were not positive this was going to be ok / safe .

Another source of Firmware are the web support site of the different vendor .
Example Those cam are the same but rebranded to different vendor like : IEGEEK.COM , sv3c.com , HQCAM.cn all those site do have Firmware directly accessible with no restriction from their support section.

The official site for Firmware , Program utility Manual is: www.ipcam.xin but this is unbranded with no or poor vendor identification.

Over my 5 years and all my aventure in Firmware i have bricked 2 and saved upgraded 20 on a approximaly 80 mix of Cameras not a bad record.

i will try to upload to the IPCAMTALK support the Firmware V19.1.27.15.19-20191129 as this is the closest from your original.

Normally there is a basic protection in the Firmware that prevent Bricking as ( at the end of upgrade it would say succesfull ) but in reality did not change anything ( nothing upgraded ).

But do not count on it ( meaning there is always risk in Firmware upgrade )in one instance it did upgraded but i did lost the P2P so i couldnot see the cam on the PHONE APP anymore.

And because of the version change it did not want to return to the previous version ( always say succesfull but doing nothing ) , so in that perticular time i did rename the file version ( trick the Firmware to the previous version ) and the camera did return to normal and everything working normally in the last 2 years.

So good luck.

Martial

Attachments

adikos

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Petr

To my knowledge there is no easy way to get a backup of the Firmware from the camera before attempting to upgrade or trying to resolved problem with Firmware.

I have ordered more than 50 cameras made by these Chinese manufacturer all with different Firmware and did see some improvement over the last 5 years.

The most reliable source to get the Firmware is most of time is directly from the Chinese vendor( you bought the camera from ) when they want to cooperate with you if you buy a lot from them or when they see potential future sale. Sometime they want proof that you have the camera so i did email them a picture showing the perticular version form the camera info web page.

They seam reluctant to supply Firmware because it is a ( double edge sword )it could possibly be good or brick your camera if it`s the wrong Firmware or done incorrectly and they got blamed .

For my parts i did received from at least 5 different vendor different Firmware asking for backup of the original Firmware and in some case what they have provided me were more recent ( date )most of time fixing/adding feature or not so obvious change ( probably fixing unseen bug ) .

The most recent feature been the ( 6 Languages ), the rule that i have seen is if the 3 first set is the same as the original Firmware you can upgrade safely ( it should be the Right Firmware for the device you try to upgrade ) but there are exception example: V19.1.27.16.3-20191216 should be possible with V19.1.27.15.19-20191129 because of the V19.1.27 but because of the date i would not be sure ( they might be risk or lost feature ).

Some vendor did ask honestly from their supplier for Firmware but got told the Firmware does not exist anymore , look like they do not know themself because i did ask for Firmware V20.1.13 and they say not available.
But to my surprise when i did upgrade a camera with original Firmware V20.1.12 the Upgrade did change the version in the camera from V20.1.12 to V20.1.13 and did added one feature.

So asking for Firmware V20.1.13 really does not exist , as the version was marked V20.1.12 and asking they were not positive this was going to be ok / safe .

Another source of Firmware are the web support site of the different vendor .
Example Those cam are the same but rebranded to different vendor like : IEGEEK.COM , sv3c.com , HQCAM.cn all those site do have Firmware directly accessible with no restriction from their support section.

The official site for Firmware , Program utility Manual is: www.ipcam.xin but this is unbranded with no or poor vendor identification.

Over my 5 years and all my aventure in Firmware i have bricked 2 and saved upgraded 20 on a approximaly 80 mix of Cameras not a bad record.

i will try to upload to the IPCAMTALK support the Firmware V19.1.27.15.19-20191129 as this is the closest from your original.

Normally there is a basic protection in the Firmware that prevent Bricking as ( at the end of upgrade it would say succesfull ) but in reality did not change anything ( nothing upgraded ).

But do not count on it ( meaning there is always risk in Firmware upgrade )in one instance it did upgraded but i did lost the P2P so i couldnot see the cam on the PHONE APP anymore.

And because of the version change it did not want to return to the previous version ( always say succesfull but doing nothing ) , so in that perticular time i did rename the file version ( trick the Firmware to the previous version ) and the camera did return to normal and everything working normally in the last 2 years.

So good luck.

Martial
You have V20.1.13 and humanoid detection. Is there a preset code to track humanoid?

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi , Humanoid detection is a few month new feature that detect in the image ( human shape/framing ) this is way better than change in the image as it is way more reliable to Detect Event ( human ) .

It is not perfect as a square garbage can or tree can be identity by the software as a potential Human but for someone that want to used a Video camera / IPCAM as an alarm system it does work ok reasonably well.

Fortunately it can be activated or deactivated in the web interface configuration( and adjustement of sensitivity ) of the camera or via the App to limit the amount of notification you received in the App.

Some Chinese camera have ( Human tracking ) meaning the camera try to track (keep the Human form ) within the center of the Image ( using Pan and tilt ) automatically on camera that do have Pan and Tilt , it work if the ( object / Human ) is not moving too fast.

The Preset code is dependant of the Firmware version but usually ( Preset 97 turn on auto tracking ), ( Preset 96 turn-off auto tracking ).

Again this is better than ( infrared / thermal detect ) that some camera used to try to Detect Human to start the recording or alarm notification to phone App.

So some vendor do call this ( infrared/Thermal feature ) Human detection but the distance is very limited to about 10 meter and not reliable because any source of heat do trigger the alarm.

I taught ( infrared /thermal ) was a good feature but due to the limited range and no Image Processing make it less desirable than ( Human detection ).

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got one of the 30x optical zoom 5MP IPCAMs. Uh... wow? This thing is insane. So there's a Humanoid Alarm. But there's also auto-tracking where the camera follows a person around. And then there's the human auto-zoom that zooms in for a close-up view of the person and the backs out to the previous zoom level. On screen, it (optionally) draws a box around any person it finds. This is really neat stuff! But wow, these PTZ codes to enable the features are confusing?

If you've got any help, it would be massively appreciated. Here's what I posted into another thread with all the PTZ codes I learned so far on the human tracking:

I'm still trying to work out human auto-tracking. I know I can enable it by SETing a guard position at 86, then CALLing 86, CALLing 66, CALLing 69, then moving to a different position and SETting 67, then CALLing 67. At that point, it automatically tracks people (moving the camera as necessary) and automatically zooms in on a new target to get a good view of their upper-torso. The codes as I understand them so far are...

SET 86 - Set Guard Position (default position it automatically returns to)
CALL 86 - Enable Guard Function. If the AI moves the camera, or you do a call, it will automatically return to this spot after a short period of time. Manually moving the PTZ position appears to cancel
CALL 66 - Enable Human Tracking
CALL 68 - Disable Human Tracking
CALL 69 - Enable Human Auto Zoom (performs an initial close-up zoom when a new target is acquired)
CALL 70 - Disable Human Auto Zoom
All the menu has is a humanoid setting for alarms.

humanoid alarm.jpg

max53it_va

n3wb
Reaction score
hello, I'm sorry not to be of help to my friend Harry23 for not being able to provide the firmware he requested, but it is not possible to extract the current firmware from an identical camera even if old (mine is V16.1.4.5.19-20181203). The firmware update as justly reported by others is always a dangerous procedure, especially in cases where the manufacturer does not have an efficient after-sales service....
Let's come to my case instead; I bought 2 pieces years ago 2 2mpixel cameras called D77W on the banggood website, practically identical in form and software to other Chinese camera. Since yesterday one of the 2 is no longer visible on the LAN network, the I disassembled and positioned on the table,also changing the power supply (that was not the fault ..). In practice, when the camera is powered it runs a cycle of about one minute moving the motors in the 2 axes and stopping in the position set by the manufacturer. After about 40 seconds it carries out the initial cycle again and so on to infinity.The camera is equipped with an external reset button which, when pressed, has no effect.I tried in all the ways known to me without other results but the camera cannot enter in the LAN network.
I ask you if there is a way to perform an effective reset to revive the camera and make it work like its other twin that in these 2 years has never given me problems. Thanks in advance to you

Attachments

lucato

n3wb
Reaction score
....I have ordered more than 50 cameras made by these Chinese manufacturer all with different Firmware and did see some improvement over the last 5 years.
....Over my 5 years and all my aventure in Firmware i have bricked 2 and saved upgraded 20 on a approximaly 80 mix of Cameras not a bad record.
Hi Martial, with this 5 years knowledge/expertise, and with 50 different cameras, let me ask you:
1. Do you have the 256 preset list for this Device Type: C6F0SoZ3N0PdL2 not 9L2 as the post (Model: B8D-WIFI-5MP-5X)?
2. Do you know the ipcam.xin email address for the firmware dev/programmers/engineer's team to report bugs that need to be fixed in the firmware?
3. Do you know a link to the firmware history changes at ipcam.xin, so we can know what was changed/improved/fixed in the update to see if it worths the update?
4. Do you know the HiCam email address for the ev/programmers team to report bugs and send suggestions to improve the app/software?

Thanks and have a great day and stay safe. All the best.

Reaction score
hola a todos.. alguien tendria el firmware de esta camara C9F0SeZ0N0P7L0 ? actualmente tiene la v13 pero no logro emparejarlo a ninguna app movil. puedo entrar por lan y configurarlo pero no por movil y necesitaria poder hacerlo. otra de las cosas q tiene q espero solucione la actualizacion de firmware es q el server web q tiene utiliza flash y como todos saben actualmente falsh no corre mas. Saludos espero me puedan ayudar

MAD++

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Hi Harry23
May I ask what was the issue in the first place with your camera before you did upgrade try to flash your camera with the Firmware. I am asking because those perticular Firmware are most of time safe to upgrade because they do not update/Flash everything and some issues can only be fix with direct access.
Example : I have a camera that have a bad ( hard coded Primary DNS ) and they ( the vendor flash ) the camera several time but it did not change/ correct this issue.
Have you tried the version that i have uploaded to the Forum ? Even if it’s not the full version it does meet the recommendations of the vendor ie. the 3 first number are the same and should be safe to update. As i did several time to different cameras and Firmwares.

Good luck

Martial

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Martial, with this 5 years knowledge/expertise, and with 50 different cameras, let me ask you:
1. Do you have the 256 preset list for this Device Type: C6F0SoZ3N0PdL2 not 9L2 as the post (Model: B8D-WIFI-5MP-5X)?
2. Do you know the ipcam.xin email address for the firmware dev/programmers/engineer's team to report bugs that need to be fixed in the firmware?
3. Do you know a link to the firmware history changes at ipcam.xin, so we can know what was changed/improved/fixed in the update to see if it worths the update?
4. Do you know the HiCam email address for the ev/programmers team to report bugs and send suggestions to improve the app/software?

Thanks and have a great day and stay safe. All the best.
Hi Lucato
The answer to your questions is unfortunately no to most of them and me too I wish to get access to this information.
The info/Firmwares I got was in searching every Forum and Downloaded section of the many vendors and cross reference and trial and errors.
Good relationship with the many AliExpress vendors did permit me to ask for a little more ( Firmware and info ) but you get 10 no not available for one ( let me ask my supplier ) because they had no clue.
Also please note that some vendor do modify the Firmware themselves with basic modification but support is inexistant meaning that you are on your own.
This is why it is important that we try to help each other on these Forum to cover the parts that they are not ready to make.

In a nutshell i am happy with the product for the price and it’s a project to try to learn to find out more on how to modify them.

Every year i learn more and modify more.

Regard

Martial Desgagne Canada

MHenriques

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I have an IPCAM model C6F0SnZ3N0P9L2 running firmware V20.1.7.5.19-20190705. Is there any manual that documents all PTZ commands via RATE and PRESETING fields? I'm trying to elliminate a bogus scan sequence on the camera but have failed, even using the "factory reset" option on the System Initialize menu. Thanks for any help.

Mauricio

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I have an IPCAM model C6F0SnZ3N0P9L2 running firmware V20.1.7.5.19-20190705. Is there any manual that documents all PTZ commands via RATE and PRESETING fields? I'm trying to elliminate a bogus scan sequence on the camera but have failed, even using the "factory reset" option on the System Initialize menu. Thanks for any help.

Mauricio
Hi MHenriques . As I said in the beginning of the tread . The module are basic and some vendor do modify the Firmware to adapt the electronic/ circuitry /feature they want to support . So as such there is not a central point for documentation, we have to rely on the specific vendor on their basic documentation , some do a basic reasonnable good job but some there is nothing ( nothing mean even their web site is deficient ). That’s why serious installer in this industry/ this web site , say these camera are junk . For me this product do suit me just fine ( meaning the price/quality is sufficient ) for DIY home user . Most vendor do not know what they sell ( some know nothing about camera ). We have to exchange our own findings in order to get ahead .

let’s see if someone else get anything

good luck

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello

Mauricio
You will get better response/help if you can post a screenshot of the settings menu or let us know what mobile app does this PTZ uses. There are so many vendors with their own model number so it's difficult to know just by model/firmware.

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
MHenriques
i agree with Msecure set the Rate to 1 then move with the arrow or Preset than adjust to 9 than try again , is it any faster slower.
It all depend if the Hardware or the seller did implement the feature. The manual does not describe the ( Rate ) because it a basic manual.